What does "God desiplines the ones He loves" mean?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Danielle1234

What is meant by "discipline"? Does that mean bad luck or is something different?

ronnie2796

May 9, 2014
If a parent continued to let a child run in the street without a punishment, would that be showing love to them?

If that Parent truly loved their Child they'd punish them for running in the street, because that's what it takes to keep them safe sometimes.

In the same way, God will discipline and punish you when you need it, Showing love to you, proving that he cares about you.

Make sense? Examples of this can come in many ways. When something doesn't work out the way it should have, when it looked like you were about to receive a great blessing and then it doesn't happen,...That's often when I've found that I was receiving a little "Tough Love" From God.

C

CEF

God only disciplines us because He wants the absolute best for you. Just like your parents. We get disciplined because they love us and want what is best for us. He only does it because He loves you.

D

Danielle1234

Thank you so much ronnie2796 and CEF! :) I understand now. :) I love reading and learning about God's love for us, it puts a smile on my face! :)

E

Exoaria