what does it feel like

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kshine

What does it feels like to be in a relationship with Jesus Christ you and your spouse. what do you do in a Christ center relationship. My husband and I started out but I dont think he was every really saved so I dont know what to expect from a man who is inlove with God.

T

Tribe

Sadly Kshine, I don’t think that there are too many people who can answer that question from experience. I have been fortunate enough to meet about three men in my life who were totally in love with God and incorporated Him in every aspect of marriage. Even these great men fell short in one form or another. I think that you really need to realize that even a man who strives to be totally spiritual is still only human. Even a man who is totally in love with his wife and God may see another woman and lust for her in his heart…even a man who is totally in love with his wife and God can become angry and say or do something regretful.

So…what I think you should expect from a man in love with God…is a continuous effort on his behalf to be Christ-like in everything that he does. But just because he may fail in this task doesn’t mean he’s not Christian, just that he’s human.

And to be completely honest with you…I feel that over time a “white as snow” Christian type of relationship will become…well…quite boring, and that in itself will start to cause problems in the relationship.

If every you find this Christian man who you are searching for, try not to get so wrapped in the Christian aspect of your relationship that it takes away from all of the other things needed to make a relationship last.

K

kshine

True no human being has not fallen shaort. But to be in a relatioship with someone that desire to be chirstian like means they are forever pursueing God and his direction. Boring depends on the people a relationship with Gos is not ment to be boring and neither does your relationship with your spouse. But I'm not looking to be honest I said I would pray for my marriage but I thnk will leave well enough alone and stay to myself. If God want to change things in my life he would. Thank u

T

Tribe

I think that it is good of you to look at things from that point of view. I think that many single people get so wrapped up in their loneliness that they forget to trust in God and try to fix the situation themselves, without His guidance…and that pretty much always leads to disaster (been there). I don’t know…despite that Biblical scripture that says it’s not good for man to be alone…I have had a few ministers tell me that there are some of us who ARE meant to be…for whatever reason.

Maybe there is a certain type of relationship that God wants to build with you, but the relationship with your husband was hindering you…and time away from him is just what you need to get onto the right path. I pray you find what you are looking for

K

kshine

I often wonder if I one that was meant to be alone. The bible also talks about God would rather for us to stay unmarried becus it takes are eyes ooff him. But to those who are not able to refrain they should marry. Id had my share so its best that I refrain. It actually feels good to b honest when your not confused are focused on one person but to be able to communicate on a level that don't involve sex I think should be most desired but many get into relationship speaking of myself and hope that more come out of it. Thank God he is a God of many chances but discipline. I will never be the one that has to go through somthing to know you shouldn't have done it kind of person again. Wisdom my best friend thank u

J

Jullianna

kshine, God saw that Adam was alone and said that it wasn't good, so He made Eve. The scriptures say that He wants to give us the desires of our heart (as long as they line up with His plan for us). If there is a place in your heart that desires a husband, I don't think singleness is your gift, you know?

I had a godly marriage. No, they aren't perfect, as Tribe said. BUT, when you are married to someone who shares your faith, you:

- understand that it's for life, so you'd better give it your all
- know that the two of you are accountable to Someone higher than your spouse for the things you say and do
- you BOTH have God to turn to for wisdom when you don't know how to overcome a situation between the two of you or with your children
- understand that your spouse is a gift from God and you cherish them as such
- have the Holy Spirit to soften your heart and convict you when you are in the wrong and don't want to admit it :)
- know that God loves your spouse more than you are capable of and wants only the best for them, so you can trust Him with him/her

It's precious. And it's worth waiting for. Don't settle for less.

K

kshine

This is what I was waiting for this is the answer we both are accountable so we both will turn to God.

G

GreenNnice

Ask God how you can have a Christ-centered relationship , pray to Him, kshining, He wants THAT kind of personal relationship with you :) and everything good will flow from that very well way of being grounded in your life. The BEST grounding you can have. God loves you spo much , kshining, and, wants your life ELECTRIC ~ for Him, in the simple things you do. He will NEVER electrocute you :)

I hope that is not too SHOCKING of a statement to you :D