What does it have to stay in remembrance in our mind? (16/01)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
What does it have to stay in remembrance in our mind?

First: the affliction, wormwood and gall which comes from our misery:

• “Remembering mine affliction and my misery, the wormwood and the gall. My soul has them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me. This I recall to my mind, *therefore have I hope&.” (Lamentations 3.19-21).

It’s imperative we watch over this, inasmuch as it is the right knowledge about ourselves that will allows to have hope only in Christ and His word. While we evert from the idea that only Jesus is worthy (Revelation 4.11; 5.9,12; 7.12), we will never be able to rest and wait for Him (Psalms 37.7), inasmuch as our force or violence will seem be more seducer (Zechariah 4.10), even more if we count on with the power of “pharaoh” and “his chariots” (ver Psalms 20.7; Psalms 147.10,11; Isaiah 30.1-3; 31.1-3), that is, with the powers of the world.

Nevertheless, as important as this, it is to know Jesus, His promises and what it is necessary for these ones being fulfilled in our lives:

• “It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3.22,23).

When we read these verses, we think only in ourselves. However, what most consume us aren’t the sinners, but our own sins. And the way that Jesus uses to purify our sins doesn't comprise to bring people around to forgive us and have mercy on us, but to pour down His grace on us in affluence (Psalms 23.5; John 3.34) so that we can be a boon in the life of people around us.

Only the mercy of Jesus on behalf of our neighbor can preclude us of being consumed in our gruesome selfishness and our ghastly cupidity.

Understand: don’t matter how big is your predicament; the true blessing is the ability of abiding by the commandments of Jesus (1John 2.5; 4.9,10; 5.3). Only doing this we may have right to the tree of life, that is to say, the privilege of living a life that heal and feed people with a style of life that make their lives worthy of being lived.

• “Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.” (Revelation 22.14).

So, hear the voice of Jesus, live by it, don’t give up the right of being useful to people around you by the power of Jesus Christ (see Romans 3.9) and have a fabulous day in Him.