What does it make anyone a writer?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
What does it make anyone a writer?

Technically, the ability to write and the art of conveying ideas well. Any can be a “writer”, but something makes few of them to be popular, just by drawing people's attention.

Any can be a music “player”, but few are real musicians. A writer is that one who writes a lot and has piles of papers written with things but, the art is pending on the colors his/her adjectives gives to actions, things or persons spoken of.

A writer has the thoughts of any person, but he/she has the chance to write them down quickly, with the hunch or the feeling they often come to be felt or considered. There are many chances when he/she gets enticed and forgets to write to freeze some notions of ideas, and sometimes I had some memories, with its feelings, I cannot convey to portray as words.

Yes! There is some minute regret for the missing records I did not kept. There are feelings I considered eternally lost, but life is like a waving ocean that often brings them back to the seashore of mind to be written or live up again.

There is something compulsory in writing. Sometimes one thing makes you write for minutes or hours. Something meaningless changes to be important, and I cannot tell you why one thing changes each time I try to understand it before it be written down ([FONT=&quot]this last sentence took me several corrections to this final amendment[/FONT]).

Sometimes in my hut, that one I own to bring me peace of mind, a tiny thing becomes a river of ideas where I cannot stop drinking or thinking. I remember the time I went there the first, finding my place, and I felt that that was made “specially” for me. That was a lonely place! 13 years ago. No neighbor around, so it was my place (not now).

I can breathe a sigh remembering those 10 years I spent and enjoyed in that land. Those trees were my friends, the silence smelled like wood and everything seemed to be mine: I wish I can write more someday...

The only thing I miss there, at home, is the electricity power (Would you mind if I ask you to pray for that?). Living around dimming candle lights is not my best idea, but I cannot change my present state with dreams and I don't plan to leave all my papers forgotten, over that table piled with hard to read handwritten rubbish...

I guess some writers liked the honor to be read because this makes some economic profit and it is like living or being heard for decades. Perhaps no many seek fame, but money and, in my case, I write to be known by my children or whomever might like reading just one page.

My kids do not like to write or read, but I hope that will chance same way it happened to me. I remember some dreams I had and some of them where finally done, not like I would have liked.

I finished here: http://miladouff-mano.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-does-it-make-anyone-writer-draft.html

G

i wonder if any of the prophets or apostles ever wrote anything....beside the inspired words they wrote down for God........or if any of them had the desire to be a writer prior to being called to write the words they wrote for Him

May 3, 2013
Thanks @ Jerusalem!

I´m not sure about Paul (Shaul Paul) but, according to what I read in his epistles, there were personal reasons to write. Inspired or not, he poured his heart, hios personal emotions. What were his reasons? Love or personal ego? I don´t know! (I don´t care) But he did as he did and sometimes I agree (or disagree).
If he wrote for God, for a holy zeal (or wth holy seal). I don´t know. I concentrate ON JESUS´. If he fits Jesus, I´m ok with Paul, if I think he doesn´t match Jesus, I try to follw Jesus, not Shaul Paul (nor whomever have written those words in his name).