What does it mean Romans 13:1-7? (Part 6)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
What does it mean Romans 13:1-7? (Part 6)

6 – The midwives of Egypt:

• Exodus 1:18-20 -> “So the king of Egypt called the midwives and said to them, “Why have you done this, and let the male children live?” The midwives said to Pharaoh, “Because the Hebrew women are not like the Egyptian women, for they are vigorous and give birth before the midwife comes to them.” So God dealt well with the midwives. And the people multiplied and grew very strong.”.

As Rahab, in virtue of not knowing the true God well (nor His power, inasmuch as His people continued slave in Egypt), they lied and got free of the judgment in virtue of disobeying the Creator through Pharaoh. The Creator blessed them for fearing Him (Exodus 1:21), but they could see more marvelous things if they had sufficient faith to say the truth and face the judgment.

In the end, I know that this idea that the Creator can allow something evil is antic. Nonetheless, see the verses below:

• Isa 45:7 -> “I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.”.
• Isa 54:16 -> “Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.”.
• Amo 3:6 -> “Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?”.

However, together with the trial, the Creator provide His escape and, after becoming approved, comes the reward:

• Nah 1:3 -> “The LORD is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.”.
• 1Co 10:13 -> “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.”.

Tomorrow we will carry on. Have a great day.