What does it mean? To love your nieghbor as yourself!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aliciaforjesus

Mathew 22:37-40

Jesus said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like it:

'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

How can we say we love God if we don't love others the way we love ourselves!

What does it mean to love your neighbor as yourself?

Why is it that most Christian do not line up with these scriptures?

I don't know about any of you but it seems to me that most of the churches today lack in this area.

Isn't this one of the things we could use to test a spirit?

If they love thier neighbor as themselves?

May 3, 2009
I think SELFLESSNESS is the core basis behind loving one's neighbor as oneself. Love requires a large degree of selflessness because it is greed, envy and pride that take root when one focuses one's energies on satisfying oneself. Training yourself to think first about another, their needs, their feelings, seems to require a directing away of attention and concern about one's own situation.

Apr 19, 2009
some people love others even MORE than themselves (ie giving their lives for someone else) .

K

KingdomGeneration

I think SELFLESSNESS is the core basis behind loving one's neighbor as oneself. Love requires a large degree of selflessness because it is greed, envy and pride that take root when one focuses one's energies on satisfying oneself. Training yourself to think first about another, their needs, their feelings, seems to require a directing away of attention and concern about one's own situation.
I agree whole heartedly. I'm actually convinced that it is nearly impossible to commit a sin if your every thought and deed is done with someone else's best interest at heart.

A

Aliciaforjesus

I agree with you, selflessnes and putting others first.
Never demanding your own way, never holding wrong against someone, being patient, being kind, not jealous or rude, (1Cor.13)

A

Aliciaforjesus

some people love others even MORE than themselves (ie giving their lives for someone else) .
Isn't that what Jesus did?

He laid His life down for us, one selfless act!

We should be like that!

We don't have to wait to be appoved by some church or some ministry.

This is the way a mature christian should be!

Just think!

What could it do if Christian got real!

B

blindfaith7

Throughout our days if we just watch and listen God gives us so many opportunities to love others around us. Those actions plant seeds of hope, peace, love and joy.

A

Aliciaforjesus

I agree whole heartedly. I'm actually convinced that it is nearly impossible to commit a sin if your every thought and deed is done with someone else's best interest at heart.
I agree!

If you line yourself up with the word of love, you line yourself up with God.
After all doesn't the word say, God is Love?
And that those that love are of God?

A

Aliciaforjesus

Throughout our days if we just watch and listen God gives us so many opportunities to love others around us. Those actions plant seeds of hope, peace, love and joy.
Yes, everyday God gives us the chance to love,
It's our choice to do it.

The best way to get out of a storm is seek God, and then go love on somebody!

Status
Not open for further replies.