What does Jesus look like according to the Bible?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018
View attachment 255820
Revelation 1:14-16
21st Century King James Version
14 His head and His hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and His eyes were as a flame of fire;
15 and His feet like unto fine brass, as though they burned in a furnace, and His voice as the sound of many waters.
16 And He had in His right hand seven stars, and out of His mouth went a sharp twoedged sword, and His countenance shone as the sun shineth in his strength

source-
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+1:14-+16&version=KJ21

Proverbs says that long hair is shameful, to a man, so I'm sure he did not have long hair.

ewq1938

Oct 18, 2018
If that is to say all races (mankind) come from Adam, I’m sure you know I disagree.

Then this news would be welcomed about the verse saying all humanity came from one blood not one man.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Copies are in the Congressional Library in Washington, D.C.
"The Library of Congress has received a number of inquiries over the years about a purported letter from Pontius
Pilate to Tiberius Caesar concerning Jesus Christ. The Library does not have such a letter in its collections".

My apologies: I lost track of the source for that quote, which was echoed on a number of sites (forgery).

Aug 27, 2023
"The Library of Congress has received a number of inquiries over the years about a purported letter from Pontius
Pilate to Tiberius Caesar concerning Jesus Christ. The Library does not have such a letter in its collections".

My apologies: I lost track of the source for that quote, which was echoed on a number of sites (forgery).
I have never put to much stock into it.
Isaiah
Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

St. Augustine suggested that everyone has a different mental image of Jesus. He wrote: "The physical face of the Lord is pictured with infinite variety by countless imaginations, though whatever it was like He certainly had only one. Nor as regards the faith we have in the Lord Jesus Christ it is in the least relevant to salvation what our imaginations picture Him like...What does matter is that we think of Him as man." (Augustine, On the Trinity 8.7; E. Hill trans., The Trinity, in The Works of St. Augustine, part 1 vol. 5; Brooklyn, N.Y. City Press, 1991, pp. 246-247).
The fourth-century Bishop Cyril of Jerusalem added: "The Savior comes in various forms to each person according to need. To those who lack joy, He becomes a vine, to those who wish to enter in, He is a door; for those who must offer prayers, He is a mediating high priest. To those in sin, He becomes a sheep, to be sacrificed on their behalf. He becomes "all things to all people" remaining in His own nature what He is. For so remaining, and possessing the true and unchanging dignity of Sonship, as the best of physicians and caring teachers, he adapts himself to our infirmities." Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures 10.5 (Andrew A. Stephenson, trans., The Works of Saint Cyril of Jerusalem, vol. 1,(Washington, DC: Catholic University of America Press, 1969, p. 198)

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
Those radiocarbon datings have been disproven. It was also misrepresented at the time of the testing according to documentation that was not released at the time.

Reading a book recently by the man who did blood testing on the Shroud samples for the 1978 STURP study of the Shroud. There is irrefutable evidence of it's authenticity and no one can prove how the Image was made on the Shroud after decades of trying.

It may be easy to say it was proven an artifact but that is ill informed and incorrect. The lead researchers have agreed that it is an authentic relic that cannot be explained with understood science.

His image was left on the Shroud when He was resurrected in a burst of His Father's Glory bringing Him back to life.

There are plenty of books available to study it that can be had for 5 bucks or less.

Based on the Shroud He had shoulder length hair or longer at the time of His crucifixion.

Great and don't forget to leave cookies and milk for Santa. You might get better presents.

On the serious side though, I didn't know you were present at the resurrection and saw how the shroud was formed.

Thanks for letting us know.

smh

Niki7

Feb 21, 2023
no one can prove how the Image was made on the Shroud after decades of trying.

Well step up. You just told us how it was made.

Listen, I have read a number of your posts. Your credibility on a scale of 1-10 with me would be.....not too high.

I'm not going to respond further to you on this subject because you desperately want to believe physical evidence even though
there is none.