A
Ariel82
Guest
We can't control other people's behaviors. We can control how we respond to what is said to and about us.
God tells us what heavenly wisdom looks like.
I know we have spoken of these verses before:
James 3
17But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. 18And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
*****
I don't make peace because I am a peaceful person.
Folks don't always word things sweet and candy like..,that is not love or heavenly wisdom.
Love is wanting folks to know God's truth even if it hurts their feelings.
****
Seeing past the name calling and labeling
...I see two main positions.
1. Folks want others to be secure in Christ and have Him alone as their foundation. They want others to enter Jesus Sabbath rest. They do this out of Love for those who are weary and discouraged. Those folks who tried to run but really just need a break.
2. These folks are disgusted by the sinful world and want folks to be called out and set apart as God's holy people. They want folks to be a light unto others and actively seek sanctification. Their goal is to motivate people to walk with God and do good works for His Glory. They are the cheerleaders for those running the race. They speak to those who have rested and might be afraid to walk with God or feel unworthy to be a part of God's team. They too speak out of Love.
Then I see a third group, but we aren't suppose to talk about them.[/QUOTE]
God tells us what heavenly wisdom looks like.
I know we have spoken of these verses before:
James 3
17But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere. 18And a harvest of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
*****
I don't make peace because I am a peaceful person.
Folks don't always word things sweet and candy like..,that is not love or heavenly wisdom.
Love is wanting folks to know God's truth even if it hurts their feelings.
****
Seeing past the name calling and labeling
...I see two main positions.
1. Folks want others to be secure in Christ and have Him alone as their foundation. They want others to enter Jesus Sabbath rest. They do this out of Love for those who are weary and discouraged. Those folks who tried to run but really just need a break.
2. These folks are disgusted by the sinful world and want folks to be called out and set apart as God's holy people. They want folks to be a light unto others and actively seek sanctification. Their goal is to motivate people to walk with God and do good works for His Glory. They are the cheerleaders for those running the race. They speak to those who have rested and might be afraid to walk with God or feel unworthy to be a part of God's team. They too speak out of Love.
Then I see a third group, but we aren't suppose to talk about them.[/QUOTE]