What does Rep. Power mean?

• Thread starter ChristianGirlLivingLife
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

ChristianGirlLivingLife

Whenever I look through threads, on the left hand side of everyone's profiles, it says Rep. Power. What does this mean?

May 18, 2010
Rep power is for a user's reputation according to how many people added reputation to a user. This is done by clicking on the 6 pointed black star shape located to the lower left of each post... it is similar to the like feature which adds little green squares above the avatar and below the name of the poster. They both are mainly just to give people an idea of how liked or what rep one has gained over their various posts on Christian Chat.

One more thing, depending on the ammount of posts one has will determine whether they are a Junior Member, Member, or Senior Member.

U

Ugly

Likes have nothing to do with the green dots. The green dots were around before likes. They are connected to Rep.

To be honest, no one fully seems to understand how rep and the dots work. I've seen this question asked over and over and yet no one knows still.

In the future you may want to post questions about the site in the User2User Tech section, as that is what it is created for. :)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I know how to turn off the greenies(which I did), does anyone know how to turn off the 'reps'? I dislike the whole 'medal' mentality.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I see the "rep" and the "greenies" and the "like" options as ways one person can agree with the comment of another, and/or show gratefulness for a certain comment/view even when that comment/view might end up being disputed by others. It's akin to a "giving a prayer blessing' in my opinion, and I don't want to take away some person's desire to say "bless you" to another.

I use the "like" button, but tend to forget about the "rep" option.......sigh.......even when I read a comment that I believe deserving of a "rep" comment........by the time it occurs to me........I've forgotten where the comment was posted........

(one of the parts of growing older that amuses me..........I'm laughing, but can't remember why........)

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
I'm not sure what the rep points mean either. I see some people with a bunch of green points and then some like me with one. So I have no idea.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Now I know what they mean, I didn't read through the whole thing.

S

ServantStrike

Now I know what they mean, I didn't read through the whole thing.
Directions are meant to be tossed in the trash and then frantically pulled back out again when you realize that you are in way over your head.

Don't ask how I know this.