What does the Bible say about joking on stage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

rodneymullen

I know that even the smallest lie to deceive someone is sin. So if somebody is at a comedy club on stage telling one-liner jokes, would that be wrong?
Most people would know they're only jokes I think, but the set-up of each joke is kind of like deceiving so that the punchline surprises you. The kind of jokes I'm talking about are clean also.
Let me know if I need to clarify something more.

Nov 10, 2011
It is early, so I forget the verse. But basically, you shouldn't tell crude jokes. I think joking in general is ok. One liners aren't really meant to "deceive" and people know that a comedian is joking.

Basically, no ill intent, so i think it is ok.

Dec 19, 2009
I know that even the smallest lie to deceive someone is sin. So if somebody is at a comedy club on stage telling one-liner jokes, would that be wrong?
Most people would know they're only jokes I think, but the set-up of each joke is kind of like deceiving so that the punchline surprises you. The kind of jokes I'm talking about are clean also.
Let me know if I need to clarify something more.
The purpose of the Lord’s law is not to snuff out life. If humor is not meant to hurt anyone, there is no harm in it.