What does the Bible say about marriage, divorce and remarriage?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Locoponydirtman

What is this supposed mean? The Scriptures have been quoted from the King James Bible, not a paraphrase. So there is no need to make deceptive remarks.
There is nothing deceptive about saying that marriage, divorce, and remarriage should be avoided.
It's a bad plan, and the Bible discourages it. The better plan is to be very careful with who you marry to start with. Then the following 2 parts become at least to some degree less likely. There could be some validity to the idea of actually doing what you say you believe, and marrying some one who is doing like wise that is if the said beliefs are the same there is a much greater chance of avoiding the later 2 portions of the title conundrum.
But king jimmy didn't say that so maybe it's not so smart huh?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There is nothing deceptive about saying that marriage, divorce, and remarriage should be avoided.
You said something about a paraphrase when there was no paraphrase. That is being deceptive. or trying to mislead others.

The Scriptures were provided to cover what the Bible says about marriage, divorce, and remarriage, not to recommend marriage, divorce and remarriage. So again a deceptive take on what was presented. Kindly read the OP carefully and stop making careless remarks.

L

Locoponydirtman

You said something about a paraphrase when there was no paraphrase. That is being deceptive. or trying to mislead others.

The Scriptures were provided to cover what the Bible says about marriage, divorce, and remarriage, not to recommend marriage, divorce and remarriage. So again a deceptive take on what was presented. Kindly read the OP carefully and stop making careless remarks.
What do you think paraphrase means?

L

Locoponydirtman

What do you think deceptive means?
And in what way was I trying to mislead someone else?
Being that your are so keen on knowing my intent.

L

Locoponydirtman

What do you think deceptive means?
And in what way was I trying to mislead someone else?
Being that your are so keen on knowing my intent.
You know what, never mind.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
You know what, never mind.
Well it did seem a bit random. Hard to gauge intent.

I appreciate it @Nehemiah6 I did not realize that scripture said forbidding marriage is demonic. I was always against it but kind of took the road that if they want to consecrate themselves to the Lord and someone else was in error in forcing that upon them he (the Lord) will work it out.

Don't like giving movie references but something like the Sound of Music.

It is a useful question to ask each of each person considering divorce. Having both parents divorced and remarried I disagreed and still wonder if they are living in sin or how exactly that application works in regard to salvation.

I do think we are accountable to what we know at the time and it's possible that they had no knowledge of that teaching. Both of the behaviors of the original spouses (I think) did not align to the behavior of believers but that's tricky to ascertain.

and no I'm not attempting to be legalistic about this :p

L

Locoponydirtman

Well it did seem a bit random. Hard to gauge intent.

I appreciate it @Nehemiah6 I did not realize that scripture said forbidding marriage is demonic. I was always against it but kind of took the road that if they want to consecrate themselves to the Lord and someone else was in error in forcing that upon them he (the Lord) will work it out.

Don't like giving movie references but something like the Sound of Music.

It is a useful question to ask each of each person considering divorce. Having both parents divorced and remarried I disagreed and still wonder if they are living in sin or how exactly that application works in regard to salvation.

I do think we are accountable to what we know at the time and it's possible that they had no knowledge of that teaching. Both of the behaviors of the original spouses (I think) did not align to the behavior of believers but that's tricky to ascertain.

and no I'm not attempting to be legalistic about this :p
I was making a joke, a play on words if you will. I used a list of nouns from the title and used them as a sequence of verbs. It was a joke about how the sentence was formed. Nothing more or less. If the title sentence is read with out any other context it could be taken either way. I saw the context in the body of the post, and agreed, I still found humor in the title sentence.