What does the bible say about unfair treatment at work?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NegroNinja

Hi, I'm currently 20 years old and am just getting back into Jesus Christ thanks to my fiancée. I am currently employed at Johns Hopkins Hospital and I have been noticing steady instances of unfair treatment to low level workers such as myself, and racial prejudices. I've seen people who rarely do any work at all receive tons of praise and recognition while those who do work receive nothing but criticism and punishment. It seems that as a low level worker we always get blamed for every thing that goes wrong on our unit. Now I'm not saying I'm a saint but I do my job as efficient as possible and I think I do a pretty good as my evaluations reflect. My question is what should I do? I've tried speaking up about this before and that only brought forth more backlash towards me and made me working here a living hell. It's gotten to the point that I don't even want to work here anymore. I'd rather just quit and focus on school but I feel that that's just not plausible. I was just wondering if there was a verse or scripture that could guide me in the right direction as to what to do. As I am now I have no energy working here and I truly don't care If I get fired which I know isn't right.
I'm just tired overall of bing a low level worker in this country. Everyday I see people of my status working hard while those higher up just seem to be barking orders and blaming us unfairly. It has to be some answer to this.

P

psychomom

Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord rather than for men
knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. (Colossians 3:23-24)

:)

Radius

Feb 11, 2013
Work as if you are working for the Lord and not for men. I know I personally struggle with this at times.

P

psychomom

Work as if you are working for the Lord and not for men. I know I personally struggle with this at times.
I think if we are honest with ourselves, we can all say that. ♥