What does your child think heaven is?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

medialab

Hi, I work for a company called MediaLab Books and we're publishing a book called "Heaven Is...According to Kids!" It's going to be filled with quotes about heaven from real kids, and your kid could be one of them!

We're asking Christians everywhere we can find them to talk to their kids (10 and under) about what they think heaven is—what it looks like, where it is, what people do up there, etc. If your child says something profound, adorable or hilarious, we'd love to hear it! You can submit it here: https://goo.gl/forms/l2BvY2eOHrbc990j1

The best part is, if we choose your child's quote, we'll send you a free copy of the book!

Thanks, and my apologies if this type of post isn't allowed.

Joidevivre

Jul 15, 2014
I don't have a child handy to ask, but I remember thinking as a child that heaven was way up in the sky filled with all the people who died. Because everyone tells a child "they went to heaven". If they were told "they went to be with Jesus", sometimes they might feel that there is no way Jesus can be with them if he is up there with the others.

SunsSunny

Oct 24, 2016
I'm not a child but I am as a child in Luke 18:16.

I believe once I enter heaven I will recognize all the ministering angels who have been with me throughout my life. I will recognize my friends waiting for me. They will take me to see Jesus. I will traverse across incredible plains of joy and love where my very soul is flooded and permeated with the love of Christ. They will tell me, "come there is better yet up ahead," and I will disbelieve them (thinking that these incredible waves of passionate love could not be surpassed), but go in faith anyways. Indeed I will arrive at another plain of joy and love which exceeds the splendor and glory of the previous plain exponentially. My spirit will rejoice because I will understand this will go on forever, and all the host of heaven and all created things would not know of one drop of God's infinite goodness and love which is only known by Him. They will ask me to come up to greater plains of joy and love, and I will be unable to move, paralyzed in love. Utterly enamored, enraptured, enthralled in a bliss that is ineffable. I must first learn to process this love before I progress further. There will not be. Blade of grass that does not obey love. Every piece of nature, everything in heaven will testify to Jesus. I have no idea what will happen when I see Jesus. I suppose I will go to kiss his feet but I am not sure how he will respond. I just know that my eyes will be flooded with tears and my heart will be on he brink of exploding. I will be home. At last.