What Happened This Morning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I locked myself and my three dogs out of the house before work. I did have my car key, thankfully, so, because my dogs are little escape artists, I had to load them up in the car and drive to the bus lot to meet my mom so I could use her phone to call work and her key to get into the house.

After sitting and waiting for over twenty minutes, I finally had two logical, albeit late, revelations:

1. I could have driven to my work, let them know what was going on, and then gone to the bus lot.
2. I could have gone into the bus lot office and used their phone to call my office and then I wouldn't have been completely stressed out of my gourd while waiting for my mom to arrive.

Now, the reason I didn't do either of those was that I thought she'd be there five or so minutes after 8. However, I should have realized my error, as she doesn't get to her second job until after 8:30, which means that she wouldn't arrive at the bus lot until near that time.

When I finally decided that I would go to the bus lot office and use their phone while waiting, she arrived. I placed a panicked call to my boss and left a voicemail and then I called my office and spoke with someone there, to let them know I'd be in the office shortly. I then had to drive home, tuck my dogs safely away in the house, and head to work.

I could use a fast-forward button for today...or a do-over button, where I can get back in bed and start the day fresh.

All in all, though, God is good. What this showed me is that I am slipping in the patience department, slipping to the point that I have been using 'Christian' curse words to vocalize my frustrations. There is no such thing as 'Christian' curse words, I know, but that's the best way I can express it. I know that my heart is in error and that I am not spiritually aligned with Christ when I start using inappropriate language to express my frustration.

If anything, this was a 'good morning, wake up, Julie' moment for me and I am so thankful that my Savior would take the time to show me the poison in my attitude before it erupted into full out and out sinful anger.

Be blessed, all. Have a wonderful day. :)