What Happens When We Repent?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

Ariel82

Again: You are suggesting happy people are obeying and unhappy people are not.
You are going against scripture. Careful so you do not lead someone astray
do you know two words that speak into this situation?

John 11:35
Jesus wept.

I could say more but sadness is not an indication of sin for Jesus was sinless.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Acts 3

17And now, brethren, I wot that through ignorance ye did it, as did also your rulers. 18But those things, which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his prophets, that Christ should suffer, he hath so fulfilled. 19Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. 24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 25Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 26Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

GLory to Yahvah God and Yahshua the Messiah.

Jun 24, 2010
If you want to lead people astray, tell them NOT to repent.
Let's be honest here because the eyes of God are on His people and when you refer to repentance you are talking about repenting of any known sin in your life. You and others that define repentance refer to it as a change of mind by stopping sin in your life and never repeating it.

With that, are there any sins that you have repented of before God, that you fell back into later on as a practice or as an isolated failure? Did you have to repent again for the same sin and failure? How many times did that happen before you stopped sinning or failing in that area of sin? Be honest and don't hold back because this is your thread.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Matthew 6:9-13
King James Version (KJV)
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

Jun 24, 2010
Mt 6:13 ...Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil...

God has put away the sins of man through the sacrifice of His Son but has He delivered us from every form and encounter of evil we may come up against in this present evil world (Gal 1:4)? Sin involves the flesh and blood of man while evil involves the mind in relationship to the human soul. Evil refers to the wicked one (1Jn 3:12), who we learn to overcome through the blood of Christ (1Jn 2:13,14, 3:8, Rev 12:11) who spoiled the work of the devil through an open show of triumph (Col 2:15). The evil in (Mt 6:13) is not kakos but poneros , which refers to the many labours, strategies and merchandise of evil that traffic the eyes, the flesh and the pride of life in this world of iniquity that the believer can be solicited by and drafted into through various trappings. This poneros evil does not necessarily involve personal sin but rather a system that can hold in captivity and bring into bondage as a stronghold within the imaginations and thought life of the believer.

These evil trappings that can take over in the believer's life can lead them into sin and are not something the believer can randomly repent of. They are devices and strongholds that has lead to sin which they need to be delivered from through a process of receiving grace and the word of God on a daily basis. Their deliverance is rooted in being transformed through the renewing of their mind. Some do not discern evil because of the sin involved and try to get the believer to repent, which is impossible for them to do. There needs to be a distinction between sin that comes from the trappings of evil and sin which comes from the old sin nature in man. We need to learn how to discern the work and process of evil and be available to hear from God through the Holy Spirit to give the provision of truth needed that will help to deliver those being held captive by strongholds (2Cor 10:3-5).

Last edited:
C

Catfish

it leads you to the gate of the narrow way.

N

nathan3

When I repent, its because of a sin that I committed. I guess you can say you have to believe Christ can do this, and God will forgive you, if not then your wasting your time.

Now I cant , repent for some one ells. Anyone that sins is going to have to accept Christ and have that change of heart themselves.

I don't know how to connect one repenting, with the sickness of a family member. You can have all your sins forgiven, and still not get your request answered.

I would still pray for healing. But I would also anoint with olive oil as the Bible says, when you ask for a healing. In James 5:14 you can learn of it and other places. Christ name in the Greek means to anoint with oil.

If you want details on how to do that just message me. and we can talk in chat about it.

I

IMINJC

RED33

You are one of my favorite posters on this forum. I really enjoy reading your posts, but this seems to be the only subject that we differ in opinion.

My question to you is "What place does repentance have in the body of Christ today?"

Jun 24, 2010
RED33

You are one of my favorite posters on this forum. I really enjoy reading your posts, but this seems to be the only subject that we differ in opinion.

My question to you is "What place does repentance have in the body of Christ today?"
I will give you an answer because of your meekness, but it will have to be later. I hope that is okay with you.

E

enochson

Who's eyes man's or God's? Seems to me the only one that matter's is God"s.

Jun 24, 2010
RED33

To make it as simple as possible, repentance is having a change of mind through the goodness of God and turning away from any thing and everything that led us astray and away from God. We would consider all these things to fall under sin and unbelief that separated us from God. Repentance in the body of Christ operates in the same manner and it usually involves a way of thinking, naturally or carnally, that is contrary to the word of God that we have to change our mind about and agree with God. Repentance would be turning from our own thoughts and our own ways and submitting to God's thoughts and his ways as they are revealed to us through the word by the Holy Spirit (Is 55:8,9) and turning from our own righteousness and submitting ourselves to the righteousness of God by faith (Rom 10:3, Phil 3:9, Mt 5:20).

If a believer in the body has a problem with personal sin, as a believer-priest, he must go to God by faith and confess his sin and leave that sin at the cross where it was judged by Christ through His death and shed blood. He receives grace through God's mercy and rebounds through justification and is restored instantly with no probation. Grace gives him what he needs to not continue in that sin because he has been forgiven and washed clean. Should that believer who has been washed clean be trouble by guilt concerning the sin he just confessed? I say no, and if he does then he is either living in the effects of his sin subjectively or has not yet been washed clean. When your dirty and your washed from that dirt, you don't live in the guilt of being dirty do you? NO! You rejoice and enjoy the fact that your clean and you feel good about it. It should be the same with being washed from our sin, whenever that may take place. It's like the blind man that was blind from birth who told the Pharisees what Jesus had done for him in (Jn 9:25), 'I don't know if he was a sinner or not, but one thing I know, I was blind but now I see.'