What have you learned from your mistakes?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sarah88

It seems every day we make mistakes, some big and some small. Do we learn from our mistakes or do we make them over and over again? Is pain the best teacher? What have you learned from them?

I love this quote: [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing. ~John Powell[/FONT]

Last edited:
K

Kooper

That sin leads to worse sins.
That I shouldn't violate my conscience.
To be slow to speak, and quick to listen.
And yes, pain is often an indicator to learn from. Be it to never do anything stupid again, or to take it, that I am getting stronger.

"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new." - Albert Einstine

I understand that there are certian things in my life that definitely need to change, and that I need to constantly learn from them. But all in all, I am learning to be more assertive with my actions.

S

Sarah88

That sin leads to worse sins.
I've learned that too. I once read this: "Sin will take you farther than you want to go, cost you more than you want to pay, and keep you longer than you want to stay". And, looking back at my mistakes, I see a lot of truth in that.

R

Rachel777

Well i totally agree with you ..pain is the best teacher ever..and mistakes are life lessons.
but most of the people make mistakes and don't learn anything.
we all make mistakes everyday .but there are two kind of person, the ones whose just mistake once and the ones whose mistakes over and over again, because they don't fall in to reality.
Personally i try to learn from others mistakes and avoid unnecesary issues.

R

Rachel777

:O @ Sarah88 : You are Dominican like me !YAY :D

De que parte eres? :)

S

Sarah88

:O @ Sarah88 : You are Dominican like me !YAY :D

De que parte eres? :)
Yeah, that's great! :)

Soy de Santo Domingo y tu? Has visto a alguien mas aquí de la RD?

Last edited:
R

Rachel777

:O Genial! yo también!
No, la verdad no, tu eres la primera Dominicana que veo.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2009
I'm learning to try to not be so sensitive to things that offend me because I am finding out that this emotional feeling of offense is very evil and can make a person do or say things that they might later regret.

I need to remember that when someone does or says something offensive, it is not always my duty to correct that person, and that God knows how offended I feel and how insensitive that person's words or actions were so I am actually not alone in my anger. God is my witness.

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil.
Psalm 37:8

S

Sarah88

I'm learning to try to not be so sensitive to things that offend me because I am finding out that this emotional feeling of offense is very evil and can make a person do or say things that they might later regret.

I need to remember that when someone does or says something offensive, it is not always my duty to correct that person, and that God knows how offended I feel and how insensitive that person's words or actions were so I am actually not alone in my anger. God is my witness.

Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil.
Psalm 37:8
So very true! God promises that He will avenge us from those that hurt or wrong us. Romans 12:19
I´m so glad you stayed! :)

Aug 2, 2009
So very true! God promises that He will avenge us from those that hurt or wrong us. Romans 12:19
I´m so glad you stayed! :)
Thank you so much Sarah! :) This is a great question you posted. Yes, God does avenge us from those who hurt us, but I think I should say here that I usually don't feel that these people attacked me or meant to hurt me personally. I just get angry when I see people do or say things that are very rude or offensive to others who are innocent. I admit though that there have been times when it was indeed personal (not on here though). Thank you for that scripture.

Last edited:
L

Liz01

I have learn that God can change a mistake into a blessing, that after a mistake God is still there to forgive and help me, that there are a lot of things i have still to learn, that the mistakes i have done are part of my life and that i dont wish to delete them because after each mistake is the mercy of God next to it.