What if Jesus would not have denied Himself?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 3, 2011
E

eternally-gratefull

Any "gospel" that gives allowances for sin is a false gospel. When we repent of our sin, the blood of Jesus Christ washes away our past sin and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is gives us victory over sinThats a lie

I am not giving allowance to sin without judgment. If you would listen to me you would know that. But you wont because your heart is closed. You think you know it. But you can't see it because your blinded by your own pride

But thats ok. Keep working your way under law. you won't get very far. The OSAS you say is a lie will condemn you because your trusting self and Not God.

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
What if Jesus would not have denied Himself? What if He would have refused to take up His cross? What if He would have not proved His love toward us by His sacrifice, but instead just declared it meaninglessly? We too must sacrifice ourselves for Him, proving our love. Professions of love are meaningless until confirmed with sacrificial actions. Jesus gave His all for us, He gave His whole self for our Salvation. We must do the same, we must give our whole selves to God. Anything less is not sufficient or acceptable.
WHOA!

One of the biggest things I was taught as a child, was NEVER say "what if" when it comes to the bible.

Why even think about WHAT IF?

A

AnandaHya

WHOA!

One of the biggest things I was taught as a child, was NEVER say "what if" when it comes to the bible.

lol I was taught the same thing and I wasn't even raised Christian just went to a few Sunday school classes ;)

U

unclefester

We (The American Church) have devalued obedience by claiming it is impossible. We say we cant keep the Sabbath, we cant love others as ourselves, we cant love God with all our hearts, souls, or strength, we cant keep God's commandments. Jesus said ''if you love me keep my commandments''. The problem is we dont want to, so we choose not to. Only the obediant will inherit the Kingdom.
Here's my problem with your thinking. If, as you say, we can attain sinlessness in the flesh thru Christ, what are we left with when we don't achieve this end ? If, as you claim, it is in our capacity to be sinless in the flesh thru Christ ...thru faith...thru fasting and much prayer.....whatever the case may be, there can be no excuse acceptable for even one transgression. Why ? Because something was made possible by God according to your teaching ......and we, if we fall have failed to obey perfectly. We are condemned not only by our transgression (breaking the law) but by our failure to obey perfectly as well. Now either our God expects us to be sinless in the flesh (because He made it possible and only the obedient will inherit the kingdom) or He recognizes that we will at times fall short of the mark. There can be NO IN-BETWEEN with the gospel you preach. If loving Christ means keeping His commandments to perfection after receiving salvation, then NONE will inherit His kindom......not a one of us. James 2:10.. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. and 1 John 1:8.. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. So which is it ? Does saying that we can do all things thru Christ mean that we are condemned to hell if we don't actually achieve this end in the flesh ? Saying something is possible and demanding it's end thereof from others is a far cry from actually accomplishing it oneself. Why did the apostle Paul say ....Philippians 3:12..Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Did the apostle Paul qualify for kingdom inheritance though imperfect ? To say that others "use grace as a licence to sin" is to say that you know their hearts and their struggles. You have judged others and saddled them with a burden that you yourself (or none of us) can bear. Have you stumbled at even one point of the law since salvation ? Of course you have.....as have we all. But thanks be to God that.... 1 John 1:9.If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. None of us are righteous except by God's grace thru faith in Christ Jesus ? Lord.....be merciful to me a sinner. That is our only hope. And what a glorious hope it is.

E

eternally-gratefull

Here's my problem with your thinking. If, as you say, we can attain sinlessness in the flesh thru Christ, what are we left with when we don't achieve this end ? If, as you claim, it is in our capacity to be sinless in the flesh thru Christ ...thru faith...thru fasting and much prayer.....whatever the case may be, there can be no excuse acceptable for even one transgression. Why ? Because something was made possible by God according to your teaching ......and we, if we fall have failed to obey perfectly. We are condemned not only by our transgression (breaking the law) but by our failure to obey perfectly as well. Now either our God expects us to be sinless in the flesh (because He made it possible and only the obedient will inherit the kingdom) or He recognizes that we will at times fall short of the mark. There can be NO IN-BETWEEN with the gospel you preach. If loving Christ means keeping His commandments to perfection after receiving salvation, then NONE will inherit His kindom......not a one of us. James 2:10.. For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it. and 1 John 1:8.. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. So which is it ? Does saying that we can do all things thru Christ mean that we are condemned to hell if we don't actually achieve this end in the flesh ? Saying something is possible and demanding it's end thereof from others is a far cry from actually accomplishing it oneself. Why did the apostle Paul say ....Philippians 3:12..Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Did the apostle Paul qualify for kingdom inheritance though imperfect ? To say that others "use grace as a licence to sin" is to say that you know their hearts and their struggles. You have judged others and saddled them with a burden that you yourself (or none of us) can bear. Have you stumbled at even one point of the law since salvation ? Of course you have.....as have we all. But thanks be to God that.... 1 John 1:9.If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. None of us are righteous except by God's grace thru faith in Christ Jesus ? Lord.....be merciful to me a sinner. That is our only hope. And what a glorious hope it is.
Nice post my friend

Jul 3, 2011
WHOA!

The crazy thing about that is IF is all over the bible.

Jul 3, 2011
Here's my problem with your thinking.
My thinking you mean with what God says??????

Hebrews 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Elizabeth619

Jul 19, 2011
The crazy thing about that is IF is all over the bible.

Show me the scripture where it says it is ok to question the bible.

saying WHAT IF is questioning God's word. IT is insulting.

Jul 3, 2011
Show me the scripture where it says it is ok to question the bible.
You need to re0read the O.P. the bible is absolute there is no questioning it.

saying WHAT IF is questioning God's word. IT is insulting.
I did not question the bible at all. My point was Jesus DID give His all for us, and we MUST give our all for Him.

You are really missing the point, or just trying to be disruptive. I am not sure which.

Jul 3, 2011
You are really missing the point, or just trying to be disruptive. I am not sure which.
I realized what was going on. You read the title and not the op. Read the op, I think you will see why you were confused.

I apologize for the misunderstanding