What if Satan proposed this to you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 24, 2011
What if you could hear both Satan and God at the same time like a three way phone conversation and Satan said this to you? I will give you anything in the world that you want and all you have to do is obey me and all I want you to do is to stop smoking. What do you do?
Smoking is an addiction and considered a sin but do you just disregard what Satan has just said and know that God knows your heart and you think that Satan is irrelevant and quit smoking?
Satan is gettining great pleasure in this. He knows that you believe that you and God are one and he's enjoying thinking that he has you and God obeying him to keep God's word.
God now tells you that he has healed you from your addiction. You quit for two weeks and realize that you no longer want to smoke but then go right back to it. Why? You just proved that you could walk away from it, why would you go back to it?
How in this problem can God take your greatest weakness and turn it into his strength? How can God take what is sin turn it into no sin and then turn it back into sin?
Smoking is a self-indulgence, if you can have self removed from the equation, even temporarily, then what does smoking become? Say you refuse to allow Satan to do this to your God and that you take full responsibility for your action of smoking? God has catered to indulgences as tests. He has given strength, wealth, power, wisdon, etc. to see if people became self indulgent or used what was given to honor him.
What if you limit yourself to smoking one a week to show disipline until you do not hear from Satan and God then tells you to stop smoking. If you then refuse to stop you have become disobedient and sinned again against God. In this is a lesson of how God can take what is sin make it become not a sin and then turn it into sin once again. In this way, power has been taken from Satan and you. God has just taken your greatest weakness and used as his strength, taken complete control of the situation and taught both you and Satan who rules the universe.
This isn't to say that people should hang onto their addictions. We should all part with them. This is just an example of how self can sometimes be removed from an indulgence and that indulgence (money, knowledge, etc)turned into a strength.
What makes sin and evil what they are? Because God has said they are these things. I believe that God has observed his creations through all of time and the things that caused extinction, self destruction and destruction within a species are the things that God labeled as sin and evil and to be avoided. This is so man can live long upon the earth. God loves us so much that we are allowed this knowledge and opportunity to help grow and expand heaven.Let me know what you think.
Huldah

A

AnandaHya

I think Satan would leave people alone if they answered the only thing they wanted in the world is to obey GOD and share His love with others, praising Him with their life no matter what the world or other people say or think about them.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNYw_lWwwA8[/video]

Personally I don't care what Satan thinks about it, it concerns me more about what God says.

smoking is nasty but that is a personal opinion.

your story reminds me of this one:

Ezekiel 4:14-15
New King James Version (NKJV)
14 So I said, “Ah, Lord GOD! Indeed I have never defiled myself from my youth till now; I have never eaten what died of itself or was torn by beasts, nor has abominable flesh ever come into my mouth.”
15 Then He said to me, “See, I am giving you cow dung instead of human waste, and you shall prepare your bread over it.”

Last edited:
R

Ramon

What if you could hear both Satan and God at the same time like a three way phone conversation and Satan said this to you? I will give you anything in the world that you want and all you have to do is obey me and all I want you to do is to stop smoking. What do you do?
Smoking is an addiction and considered a sin but do you just disregard what Satan has just said and know that God knows your heart and you think that Satan is irrelevant and quit smoking?
Satan is gettining great pleasure in this. He knows that you believe that you and God are one and he's enjoying thinking that he has you and God obeying him to keep God's word.
God now tells you that he has healed you from your addiction. You quit for two weeks and realize that you no longer want to smoke but then go right back to it. Why? You just proved that you could walk away from it, why would you go back to it?
How in this problem can God take your greatest weakness and turn it into his strength? How can God take what is sin turn it into no sin and then turn it back into sin?
Smoking is a self-indulgence, if you can have self removed from the equation, even temporarily, then what does smoking become? Say you refuse to allow Satan to do this to your God and that you take full responsibility for your action of smoking? God has catered to indulgences as tests. He has given strength, wealth, power, wisdon, etc. to see if people became self indulgent or used what was given to honor him.
What if you limit yourself to smoking one a week to show disipline until you do not hear from Satan and God then tells you to stop smoking. If you then refuse to stop you have become disobedient and sinned again against God. In this is a lesson of how God can take what is sin make it become not a sin and then turn it into sin once again. In this way, power has been taken from Satan and you. God has just taken your greatest weakness and used as his strength, taken complete control of the situation and taught both you and Satan who rules the universe.
This isn't to say that people should hang onto their addictions. We should all part with them. This is just an example of how self can sometimes be removed from an indulgence and that indulgence (money, knowledge, etc)turned into a strength.
What makes sin and evil what they are? Because God has said they are these things. I believe that God has observed his creations through all of time and the things that caused extinction, self destruction and destruction within a species are the things that God labeled as sin and evil and to be avoided. This is so man can live long upon the earth. God loves us so much that we are allowed this knowledge and opportunity to help grow and expand heaven.Let me know what you think.
Huldah
Well, I am sorta lost, but I am almost there! lol.

I think I am going to enjoy reading your posts, and learning something.

I am going to have to read over this carefully.

May Jesus bless you.

Feb 10, 2008
Huldah
I am going to focus just on the last portion of your post because I think everything else relies on your understanding of what sin truly is. Sin in its most basic form is simply something against God's will. Strictly speaking, the opposite of doing God's will is sinning. It isn't that God sat down and decided "hmmm, this will hurt humanity, I'll call this sin". Sin is an unavoidable result of the fact that there is absolute right.

So, by defining His will, which is a necessary result of His nature, God has also defined sin. Since God is love, sin in its most basic definition is anything that does not support love.

Sin has existed since before Adam and Eve took the apple. For humanity, though, when sin entered the world it became necessary to provide a more clear, concise definition of specific actions that were anti-love. Thus we were given the commandments.

Thankfully, by introducing the law, not only did God name sin, but He also provided a powerful tool for determining His will (by defining what is NOT His will).

In conclusion, anything that is God's will is NOT sin.

On another note, where did your idea that God wants man to live long on the earth come from?