What I'm learning

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
So Crossnote, just to be clear. You don't have a problem with the Hebrew language and teachings from it but you have a problem with people teaching false doctrines from the Old Testament?
It is more like the emphasis being shifted from Jesus and His work at Calvary to Moses and the Levitical system. Even Abraham takes a back seat to Moses. No, Hebrew would be a great thing to learn and even the feasts, tabernacle observance etc., but in their proper perspective.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No, no. I am 10000000000000000000% sure this is N0T that. :) I know I sound crazy and naive but this is NOT that. Like I said, you don't have to obey the Leviticus law like if a woman does something she gets her hand cut off or offering sacrifices for sins. It is literally just

1) observing the jewish festivals and feasts
2) observing passover
3) observing the sabbath on a saturday
4) following the ten commandments

Also not to be mean, but please understand that I am the one talking with these people. I have had experience with cults and there are HUGE differences between these people and a cult. These people have not "love bombed" me. They have not forced me to belive anything (I came to those conclusions on my own) and they literally just used the Bible as in the NIV Bible that was just there and all they did was read from it and give me some history. It was ALL facts and I was like o_O So yeah :)

So how can you judge these people when you don't even know them?
Funny it's ok for your friend to judge...
So I met a girl who explained to me that everything I believed about Christianity was wrong.

Sep 4, 2012
So yeeeeeah I'm just gonna go then because this is getting nowhere. Instead of having a civil discussion like I had hoped I just have everyone telling me why I am wrong...so yeah...I have never been so convinced of anything in my life. The cross was not for nothing. Like I said I am just learning about this stuff so I am nowhere near prepared to answer this barage of questions you are hurling at me so I am going to step out and learn more and I may return and be able to explain more in detial and I may not but my point is that this is the real deal. It all lines up so perfectly and I love it! You can tell a tree by its fruit right? I look at the mainstream Christian "fruit" and it is not good at all! This, this though actually will produce good fruit. I see myself changing for the better, not because I feel like I have to but I honestly want to.
What life feels like sometimes...

[video=youtube;F6X9KcrXHwg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6X9KcrXHwg[/video]

Jul 4, 2015
There is nothing wrong with keeping the Sabbath on a Saturday or a Sunday. If you keep the Sabbath because you enjoy it is no problem. BUT, if you keep the Sabbath on a Saturday because its demanded, then you are not doing the Will of the Father and its a sin.

Sabbaths, feasts, Holy days, we can keep if we want to but we do not have to because we are under Grace and not the Law.

Jesus came to fulfill the Law and to bring Grace to everybody.

We are no longer under the Law JFSurvivor, we are under Grace.

Did you know JFSurvivor there are 12 commandments?

Matthew 22:36-40
[SUP]36 [/SUP] "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?"
[SUP]37 [/SUP] Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
[SUP]38 [/SUP] This is the first and great commandment.
[SUP]39 [/SUP] And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'
[SUP]40 [/SUP] On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Jesus added two other Commandments that are above the Ten Commandments.

We do not "keep" the Laws or the Commandments or feasts or Holy Days to receive Salvation.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
There is nothing wrong with keeping the Sabbath on a Saturday or a Sunday. If you keep the Sabbath because you enjoy it is no problem. BUT, if you keep the Sabbath on a Saturday because its demanded, then you are not doing the Will of the Father and its a sin.

Sabbaths, feasts, Holy days, we can keep if we want to but we do not have to because we are under Grace and not the Law.

[SUP]37 [/SUP] Jesus said to him, "'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.'
[SUP]39 [/SUP] And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

We do not "keep" the Laws or the Commandments or feasts or Holy Days to receive Salvation.
Those two sum it all up...

Mat 22:37-40 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. (38) This is the great and first commandment. (39) And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. (40) On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

P

pottersclay

. there is nothing new under the sun ....eccl1:9

B

Biblelogic01

When did you become a descendent of Moses?

Getting it right is getting close to Jesus and leaving as much of yourself behind as you are able.

Jesus filled the empty part of my heart and gives me joy and victory everyday. Blessings without end. Moses and the law cannot fill that void only make it more painful because I cannot keep the ordinances. No one can keep the ordinances because the temple has been destroyed.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
The descendent part is not of Moses, it's of Israel.
When one comes to Christ they are grafted into Israel.

And question to everyone here.

Does anyone here observe Pentecost?

B

Biblelogic01

She enver said she is observing them for salvation, you're making an assumption there.

valiant

Mar 22, 2015
Originally Posted by JFSurvivor
No, no. I am 10000000000000000000% sure this is N0T that. :) I know I sound crazy and naive but this is NOT that. Like I said, you don't have to obey the Leviticus law like if a woman does something she gets her hand cut off or offering sacrifices for sins. It is literally just

1) observing the jewish festivals and feasts
2) observing passover
3) observing the sabbath on a saturday
4) following the ten commandments

Also not to be mean, but please understand that I am the one talking with these people. I have had experience with cults and there are HUGE differences between these people and a cult. These people have not "love bombed" me. They have not forced me to belive anything (I came to those conclusions on my own) and they literally just used the Bible as in the NIV Bible that was just there and all they did was read from it and give me some history. It was ALL facts and I was like o_O So yeah :)

So how can you judge these people when you don't even know them?
So you pick and choose what part of the Law you obey? Very convenient. But wholly illogical. To be logical it is either all or nothing. If God did not reveal and require it all, how can you know what He did reveal and require?

B

Biblelogic01

JF, nice to see you back. But issuing a big warning about this group. It is the Hebrew Roots Movement, and they are a cult.

You do NOT have to obey the OT law to be saved or follow Jesus.

Here are a few links for you to read:

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/writers/GG/the-hebrew-roots-cult.htm

What is the Hebrew Roots movement?

And this, by our very own JGIG! She does an awesome job of explaining the errors of the HRM

https://joyfullygrowingingrace.wordpress.com/how-i-became-aware-of-the-hebrew-roots-movement/

You might also want to read Acts 15 and Gal. 2:11-16 and the entire book of Hebrews!
Not all who follow the feasts are Hebrews Roots groups.
The one she is speaking of may be, because I do know that some Hebrews Roots groups can get weird.

I'm Jewish and I believe Christ to be the one true Messiah.

Now, I learned I was Jewish after I was saved because my parents hid it from me because they were ashamed in being Jewish, because believe it or not, there is still a lot of anti-semetism in this world still.

There is no scripture stating the feasts are done away with. None.
There are scriptures stating that follow the feasts won't get you salvation, or make you more righteous, and not to judge one based off of their observance or not observance. But in all those verses it does not state they are done away with.

I believe there is a verse that goes over not judging one for their observance of feasts/days or what they eat. I think that goes both ways, not just one.

We should not judge against people who do not observe the feasts, and those who don't shouldn't judge those who do.

Jan 25, 2015
Their doctrine is corrupt and another gospel. That's how we can judge them. We've heard it all before.
You are indirectly telling God He is corrupt :confused: because this is directly from God. That in my view is blasphemy...