What is a successful church or ministry?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
It is the pastor's responsibility to keep the church focused on and continuing to grow in the word of God.
No. It is the responsibility of a PLURALITY OF ELDERS (the presbytery) to lead and feed the flock as well as arrange for a serious outreach in the community. That would be the New Testament pattern and you will find the term "the presbytery" in the KJV. This pattern was abandoned by just about all the churches.

Oct 2, 2023
I made a comment on another thread, and it got me to thinking.

I referred to pastors of successful churches.

When I made the comment, I was looking at three characteristics. First the church preaches and teaches the Word. Second the congregation is made up of all ages, nationalities, and classes of people. Finally the church takes the Word beyond the doors and into the surrounding community. When these things are present, souls are being saved. If the baptismal pool is dry, there is something missing in the church.

What do you think?
(What do I think?) I think that the word of God says in I Cor. 3:6-8, "
6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
7 So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.
8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.