What is Bio Cremation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay

What is Bio Cremation™

Must read .....IMO.... this is going away from respect
for the deceased.
What is Bio Cremation™

Cremation by definition is reducing the body to its basic elements of bone fragments through the use of heat. The Bio Cremation technology replaces the use of flame with the utilization of water, blended with an alkali solution of potassium hydroxide (KOH). The human body is placed into a pressurized stainless steel cremation chamber where water and alkali are automatically added and the temperature is raised to 350°F. Water, alkali, heat and pressure working in harmony are gently circulated over the body; causing a reaction that begins and completes the cremation process.

Body to Bones (B2B)

There is no attractive transition when we discuss the thought of body to bones (B2B). Within the death care discussion, our B2B transition is inescapable. It’s a journey all of us must take regardless of whether our end of life choice is burial, flame cremation or Bio Cremation, the end result is the same. The difference between burial, flame cremation or Bio Cremation is the B2B time line and the “catalyst” we choose that supports what is most appropriate for you. With burial, the transition may take 25 years and the catalyst to reduce the body to bones is soil and micro organisms. With flame cremation, the transition takes approximately 2-3 hours and the catalysts to reduce the body to bones are flame created by fuel (CH4 natural gas or C3H8 propane gas) mixed with oxygen. With Bio Cremation, the transition takes approximately 2-3 hours and the catalysts to reduce the body to bones are water (95%) and potassium hydroxide (KOH). Any of these choices starts with a body and eventually ends with bones. With our introduction of Bio Cremation, we’re discussing the residual effects our end of life decision will have on the planet.
No Acid and No Boiling

It’s important to address a couple common misnomers when describing Bio Cremation™. First, no acid is used in this gentle water based cremation process. The chemical used with water is an alkaline called potassium hydroxide (KOH) which is a colorless solid, inorganic compound. KOH has many industrial and niche applications. KOH is noteworthy as the precursor to numerous health and beauty cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, in blanching olives, soft soaps and cleaning supplies you would commonly find at home. For Bio Cremation™, its reaction in water is strongly exothermic, meaning the process gives off significant heat which contributes to the hydrolyzing or breakdown of the human tissue in the sealed cremation chamber. Another misconception is that the process “boils” a body which is false. This technology creates a very controlled and sophisticated environment that uniquely combines water, alkali, heat and pressure that biochemically hydrolyzes the human body, leaving only bone fragments.

During a typical Bio Cremation™ cycle, the body is reduced, bone fragments are rinsed and the remaining by-product is a sterile effluent (fluid). What makes this process so environmentally-friendly and even greener than flame based cremation is that there are almost zero air emissions (particulates, greenhouse gases, carbon monoxide, mercury, etc.) admitted into the atmosphere. The by-product (effluent) from Bio Cremation™ is sent to water recycling where it is filtered, purified and recycled back to earth either through the aquifer, lakes, streams and non potable water use. In essence, our body is recycled and without harm to the environment. We return to the earth through a cycle of life, helping to promote new life as nature intended it to occur.
Caskets & Services

The foundation of funeral service has always focused on helping us create a personal and meaningful event, gathering and/or memorial service that meet the emotional and spiritual needs of both family and friends. The popularity of cremation supports the foundation for traditional services but offers a unique flexibility in choosing a variety of different memorialization opportunities (i.e. Cemetery Burial, Niche, Columbarium, Scattering, Home Décor, etc). The attractiveness of Bio Cremation™ supports a family’s desire for a wake, public visitation with/without a memorial service prior to cremation. Even though a traditional wood or cardboard casket can’t be consumed in the Bio Cremation™ process (the process only accommodates protein base material), we’ve designed a silk cremation container with a stainless steel frame that is introduced into a standard “rental casket” for viewing. Once a service is complete, the silk cremation container and stainless steel frame (holding your loved one), can be removed from the rental casket and placed directly into the bio cremation equipment. The silk cremation container is consumed during the cremation cycle and the now sterile insert is removed and reused.
Clothing Options

Since Bio Cremation™ can only accommodate protein based material; clothing on the deceased must be made of silk, wool or leather which is consumed during the cremation process. To simplify a family’s decision on attire, we’ve designed an attractive silk robe, appropriate for visitation and/or viewing. The robe will be simply consumed along with the body during the bio cremation process leaving only sterile white bone fragments. We support the desire for dignity and respect and are committed to provide bio-products that facilitate this process and the desires of the family.

J

J-Kay

If one is going to be cremated by normal means, or bio-cremated,
why would anyone go to the expense of casket, and clothing on the
deceased ? Makes no sense to me.

Where I live we have a funeral home with a viewing room where
one can sit and have service and then watch the body slipped into
the crematory. Oh, Gross... IMO...Only if I did not like the person
could I sit and watch such a thing.. And I do not dislike anyone enough
to do that.

RE: Cremation as a funeral service, I did see my first one few years
ago. I knew the deceased. His ashes were in a beautiful URN. I will