What is friendship meant for?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 3, 2013
There are many ideas in you and me. Research has been done and published on this important issue. Read it somewhere, but I have more ideas than these:

Why do I want to be your friend, to feel I belong or to give what I own?

I have many flashbacks now. I see how I was and how I am. Is friendship a kind of love or a personal convenience?

Do I like you or I want to be liked by you?

If I want to be liked, why do I need to be liked (or loved)?

Is it a selfish reason or I honestly want to give and share all I have (or could have had)?

A child is as he is. Social and parental interaction changes part of him (or her).

Once you teach him/her to be selfish, she is what you teach or what he/she has been designed by human DNA.

Society has modeled our life style with parents, customs, friends and our deepest personal needs. We were those we were; but we changed, we've made choices (and some went wrong).

We easily talked to unknown people at the streets, now it is seldom done: We knew fears and people are afraid.

I enjoy talking to SOME people. Some are easy going, but some of them have been hurt like me: Avoiding people is self protective (or overprotective).

Friendship is a feeling or a convenience?... You have made your choices.

I used to be a boy who often looked down on people. There were racial and social reasons connected to money. I would have hated me for being so discriminative (Believe me! It was awful).

I felt hurt and hid myself in me, at home. I lost sight of those I considered were my friends and knew how few people I liked honestly for their being the persons they were.

At school I was liked for being somewhat smart or “handsome” Ha! Ha! (They were wronged) but I looked down on some of those who liked me; because I thought they didn't deserve me (I wanted a more special person I've never found).

I tried to befriend those who had anything I wanted. It could have been a material thing or sex, and vaguely it was for real reasons, as likeness, similar like or activities.

At high school friendship was for seeking fun or sex (which was the same) but that “pure” condition was only changed after I finished those 3 first years. When I started my life and an “adult”, friendship was around sex, basically, because I like girls for fun.

Deepest relationships were developed by time; but now I'm so superficial that frightens me how I was changed and, the reason is that I only need one person, no more, because no one belongs to another, no even in marriage (and I know what I'm talking about).

Do we have similar likes, could I be your friend?

What for?

Are you (or I) being selfish or self-centered when seeking friendship?

Do I have what you need?

Do I want to give or take?

Are you given attention, or it is you who want to be heard to receive?

Love and friendship are to be given. These are not to be begged or sought.

Fight your fears! What would you loose if left?

I thank GOD for being the person He is: He is the more loving being any human could be missing while being selfish and self-centered.