What is God saying?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I have been posting here for quite a while now, trying to say the words that God has given me for His people. But just what is He saying, in the simplest and most basic way. What is the point of these things which have seen such strife and division brought about?

It is simply this; that Jesus wants us to draw near to Him, and through Him, to His Father. He is saying that so very many who are called by His name do not have a very close relationship with Him, and that they have almost no relationship with the Father at all. There are many reasons for this, but the truth is that we all can be and should be and even must be closer to Him, to even live in Him, and to learn to stand before the Father in Him.

So many things keep us away, and God does not despise the things which are needful and are taking our time that could and should be spent in His presence. But when we use the things of His in a manner that does not bring us closer to Him, He gets angry. With a little thought and prayer, one can see why.

But you will say, "if I am using the things of God, then I am with Him." Thou fool, do you not know that God has things, just as you do? His things are for your comfort and teaching and guidance, but most of all they are to lead you to Him, to meet Him, to seek His light, to become one with Him in His love.

The bible is not God, but to many it has replaced God's voice. If one is seeking God through the bible, then that is good, and they will find Him, as long as the goal remains that we are coming to know Him. But for many, they have the goal of knowing the bible, and this does not lead to knowing Him. God speaks to our hearts through the bible, if we are seeking Him.

Are we seeking knowledge about God? Well and good. But along with this seeking for knowledge, we must always seek Him for Himself. Otherwise, we will remain divided and defeated.

Remember, our God is a jealous God. He will have no other God before Him, and He will not bless those who are not seeking Him.

That is the words that God has given me for His people.

Last edited: