What is God's love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Considering all we seek, debate and discuss here in Jesus Christ is Lord, God's love for us, and the love we are called to...
should be probably the most important study we can do.

For God so loved the world, that while we were still sinners, He gave His Son Jesus, to suffer the cross for us.

Jesus said, this is the greatset comandment," that you love the Lord your God with all your mind, heart, streangth and soul, that you love your neighbor as yourself.

Now let us make sure we disern, between the love we know that is in the world, and the love we know that is given in Jesus Christ Our Lord.
For the differance is eternal.

In all that I have learned in scripture, witness, word, example, in Jesus, through the Holy Spirit.
It is that the love of God is compleatly about setting ones self aside for the sake of another.
I do wonder at the greatness of God's perfect love and what we are called to.

For we live in a world that justifies everything, when one is wronged they are excused from loving,
that one needs not continue in love, if that one is seen as right, when the other has wronged them.
But that is the love that belongs to the world.

When we look to God Our Father, His gift in Jesus, the sacrifice given, even when we were still sinners, so we may be saved.
At the greatness of ths love.
Also where Jesus said there is no greater gift than to gives ones life for another.
Jesus also spoke to blessing and praying for our enemies, for it is easy to bless or help a friend, for why wouldnt one help a freind in need.
But to bless and help an enemy, this is trully an act of love in Jesus.
Consider, Jesus took the cross, for all men, even as we were still sinners, as He died on the cross, many laughing and spitting upon Him, Jesus said, Father forgive them, for they know not what they do.
Jesus trully still loved and served us in everyway.

This is trully the love we are called to in Jesus.
The love that is poured out upon us by God Our Father.
The comforting love and streangth given through the Holy Spirit.
All is gven because of God's love for us.

So a study on the love of God , and this love we are called to, seems a good study. :)

So let us study first, what is Gods love for us and how are we called to know and live this love?

God bless :)
pickles

P

psychomom

Pickles, I am so looking forward to this! (thank you. ♥)
My first thought was that not only did Christ die for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8)
but before (or from) the foundation of the world! (Revelation 13:8)

Even before He made all things, He knew and planned to be sacrificed for us. ♥ ♥

1 John 4:10- This is love-not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.
~ellie

Jun 1, 2011
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ( John 3:16 )

And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee. ( Deuteronomy 7:13 )

The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous: ( Psalm 146:8 )

For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee. ( Isaiah 62:5 )

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. ( Jeremiah 31:3 )

Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work. ( 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 )

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. ( Zephaniah 3:17 )

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
( Hosea 14:4 )

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness. ( Proverbs 15:9 )

Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul. ( Jeremiah 32:41 )

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. ( Ephesians 2:4-7 )

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. ( 1 John 4:10 )

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. ( 1 John 4:16 )

We love him, because he first loved us. ( 1 John 4:19 )

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. ( John 16:27 )

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. ( John 17:23 )

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. ( John 17:26 )

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ( John 3:16 )

And he will love thee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruit of thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, and thine oil, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thy fathers to give thee. ( Deuteronomy 7:13 )

The LORD openeth the eyes of the blind: the LORD raiseth them that are bowed down: the LORD loveth the righteous: ( Psalm 146:8 )

For as a young man marrieth a virgin, so shall thy sons marry thee: and as the bridegroom rejoiceth over the bride, so shall thy God rejoice over thee. ( Isaiah 62:5 )

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. ( Jeremiah 31:3 )

Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work. ( 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 )

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing. ( Zephaniah 3:17 )

I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
( Hosea 14:4 )

The way of the wicked is an abomination unto the LORD: but he loveth him that followeth after righteousness. ( Proverbs 15:9 )

Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul. ( Jeremiah 32:41 )

But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved; )
And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. ( Ephesians 2:4-7 )

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. ( 1 John 4:10 )

And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. ( 1 John 4:16 )

We love him, because he first loved us. ( 1 John 4:19 )

For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God. ( John 16:27 )

I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. ( John 17:23 )

And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them. ( John 17:26 )
Wow, beautiful scriptures, and so many! :)
Thankyou for posting them.

God bless
pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Maby Im over thinking this, but the more I look to Jesus, and learn His love, and the love God has for us.
The more I see how our flesh must be set aside in all things.
Too often we speak to how we have a right to this or a right to that, that no one should harm us, and any that do should be set aside.
But Jesus gave His love. the love of God Our Father, to all of us because we are His.
It is this perfect love that one needs to see is in Jesus, the goal.
For there is no greater gift, act of love than to lay down one's life for another.
One can see that this is not just about death, but life its self.
Setting aside ones own desires, for the sake of another, that they may recieve the love of Jesus through us.
I trully believe that the scriptures, Jesus's sacrifice, God's love for us, is to bring us to know and love as we are loved by God Our Father.
Because it is this love that brings what is Jesus's gift eternal life to us.
For when we see His great love, recieivng His sacrifice, God gift of grace through faith.
We are then able to know the perfect love and live in it, or at least strive for it. :)
I do believe that God's love came first, and everything else are the fruits.

in Jesus, God bless
pickles

tribesman

Oct 13, 2011
God's love is most clearly displayed in the love He shows for Jacob.