What is happening to this nation!!!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

KariGR23

What is happening to this nation!!!!!! its like disaster after disaster innocent lives are being taken
nothings making sense, Lord where are you when disaster strikes.
Everythings falling apart and its scary to think what might happen next
but you said
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
Psalm 23:4
So i shouldnt fear because you are with me but still, y am i still afraid

L

livingepistle

The Bible says that these are the beginning of sorrows. More to come. Jesus is soon to come.

O

OceanGrl

Unfortunately, these are things that will happen in life. The bible talks about such things happening during the end times, which we are living. So, all we can do is pray for God's safety and hope and pray that he will intervene on the enemies plans.

A

A_Silent_Gnome

What is happening to this nation!!!!!! its like disaster after disaster innocent lives are being taken
but you said
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
Hey angel, it'll be okay. You just hold onto your faith and keep close to family and friends ok. These things happen because of sin. Sin produces death... stealing, lying, murder, pride... death exists because this world has evil in it. But, look up because things will get better someday. I remember scripture saying that God will wipe our tears away with his own hand. It'll be okay.

Aug 2, 2009
I think God has turned away from the US:

Jeremiah 18:7-10

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

[SUP]7 [/SUP]I will suddenly speak against a nation, and against a kingdom, to root out, and to pull down, and to destroy it.
[SUP]8 [/SUP]If that nation against which I have spoken, shall repent of their evil, I also will repent of the evil that I have thought to do to them.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]And I will suddenly speak of a nation and of a kingdom, to build up and plant it.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]If it shall do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice: I will repent of the good that I have spoken to do unto it.

B

BarlyGurl

The Bible says that these are the beginning of sorrows. More to come. Jesus is soon to come.
Ya think??? I am leaning more t'ward it's just a gas pain... sorrows haven't even shown up yet.

A

April5

I believe the sorrows are the wars breaking out, people not knowing God and just suffering in sin, feeling sadness in the world, people who are hurt, increasing violence, murder, adultery, immoral standards. Those are sorrows that I am seeing and it is getting worse. People are more accepting of non-godly views. Revelations says it all and so does Matthew 24. Bt we have God:D and He has us in His loving arms:D Psalm 118:6 The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?:D God bless!!!!

U

Ugly

Same thing that happens to every country, especially major power countries. Their pride and arrogance make them feel invincible, and they self destruct. Has happened countless times. Only this time you're alive while its happening, and living through it.

Mar 22, 2013
Indiana
you just hear more about the bad stuff today then you did 30 years ago.

reason. the internet. and media hypes everything up for ratings.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Bad things have always happened. And will keep happening. I think Patton Ostwalt said it best:
Boston. Horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

A

AgeofKnowledge

The exercise of invoking reductive materialism impaires reality from the rich, expansive, multidimensional, and ultimately meaningful one that it is to a flat, linear, doomed smear of complex bacteria on a rock. Stanley Jaki was right when he noted that a clear path has been designed for the purposeful behaviour of human beings to move across. But those who don't even acknowledge its existence are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past as those who choose to follow a different path.

R

richie_2uk

but you said
These things happening now are prophesied. so the things you are seeing with all these wars, disasters, death and things are all going to get worse before The LOrd Comes back. Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

K

KariGR23

Im srry i didnt mean to sound so dramatic its jus that its so sad and scary of what has been happenin lately but thnk you everyone yall made me see it from a different view which i understand and i know Jesus is coming soon all i can do now is stand firm on my faith and hope for the better, again thnk you everyone:)

R

richie_2uk

Matthew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. Matthew 24:6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet.

R

richie_2uk

Im srry i didnt mean to sound so dramatic its jus that its so sad and scary of what has been happenin lately but thnk you everyone yall made me see it from a different view which i understand and i know Jesus is coming soon all i can do now is stand firm on my faith and hope for the better, again thnk you everyone:)
I understand you, these things can be scary, But we must at all cost, not to be afraid as the Lord tells us. It's not a nice things to see death, killings, murders, wars and disasters and all other bad things happening around us all each day. But these things are meant to happen, and also its what the Lord has prophesied, but he assures us by telling us to trust in him, and see that we are not afraid, for he is with us.

H

hattiebod

but you said

Yes, such sad things happening, just this week there has been earthquakes again in Iran, the Boston atrocity and the power plant explosion in Texas. Many people hurting,physically and in having lost their loved ones. When we have believe in the risen Christ, it does not lessen the pain of loss but, it gives us a sure hope and our reaction to such dreadful events can be such a witness to the world. We do know why these things happen and we do have a certain hope, so we can stand up and declare that and be lights in the dark times. No fear, put that firmly behind you because our God casts out all fear. God Bless, <><

M

mitchell5027

It never mentions in the bible that life will be easy. The world is a wicked place.
"For everything in the world- the cravings of sinful man, the lust of his eyes and the boasting of what he says and does- comes not from the father but from the world" -1 John 2:16

About comfort- god loves you, he wants to care for you, you should pray that he will bring that comfort to you.
"all the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful"- Psalm 25:10

To be honest I think that mabye some of revalations prophesies are unfolding right now but I think well be long dead before we can confirm that.