WHAT IS HELL FOR?

• Thread starter GodsavemeifyoureallyExist
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GodsavemeifyoureallyExist

what is hell is hell a huge place with no water just fire made to cook people alive that are

unsaved? why couldn't god have just dug a hole n dropped them in there away from the evil demon's

devils n other things evil that he created if he really doesn't wont them to be near him why doesn't he just do that if

he knew that the things there were evil they wonted to harm the people there why didn't he just put

the unsaved people in a hole away from the evil things that wonted to harm them if he cares

about them so

much?

Aug 2, 2009
That's an excellent question! Some religions believe there is a place besides heaven and hell which is called purgatory or limbo. Its supposed to be where people who weren't really bad in life go after they die and they stay there until the stains of sin on their soul disappear, then they go to heaven. Of course, most christian religions don't believe in such a place and most people will tell you its not biblical, but I just mentioned it because I thought you might be interested. Those who believe in purgatory believe that only the very bad people go to hell.

Here's more info on purgatory from wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purgatory

God bless.

Last edited:
G

GodsavemeifyoureallyExist

zeroturbulence

thanks so much for answering so is there any proof of this purgatory place existence?

Aug 2, 2009
Well, in the bible it says that after Jesus died on the cross he went to the place where the dead were and told them the good news. This place isn't hell and it can't be heaven so it is a place where dead people go but isn't heaven or hell.

1 Peter 3:18-20 - For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit, through whom also he went and preached to the spirits in prison who disobeyed long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built.

1 Peter 4:6 - For this is the reason the gospel was preached even to those who are now dead, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit.

Whether purgatory is real is still a big debate among different denominations, but to me its existence makes sense.

God bless.

L

Lo

i think someone had asked this question before. hopefully you can search for it and find useful answers there.

U

Ugly

I didn't read through your post, lack of punctuation and sentences isn't usually worth the effort to decipher. But going by your title, he was created as a punishment for Satan and the angels that choose to follow him. But in man's sin, the only punishment for sin is total separation from God... hell.
Also there is Hell, and then there is the Lake of Fire. Hell is not firey in and of itself, but rather the flames actually are once Hell is eventually thrown into the Lake of Fire.
Lastly, i believe the scriptures Zero was referencing are talking about Abraham's Bosom. For lack of a better description, it was like Heavens foyer. It was a lesser level of Heaven that people were stuck in who had made their way to Heaven before Jesus victory of death and hell through His death and resurrection. After that He was able to let them into, well, the rest of Heaven.
Purgatory is largely a Catholic teaching and not commonly accepted among Christians.

B

barukhmalachi

There is a book called "a devine revelation of hell" by mary k. Baxter. She decribes in detail visions she had of hell. It does take a little faith to believe god still works through visions like with paul not knowing whether in the body or out. She explains in detail how hell is set up like a body, having different entrances and different degrees of punishment. People who did witchcraft have it worse than someone who just never got saved. Personally knowing god myself, separation from him would be hell for me. This book is detailed and even if reguarded as fiction is interesting. It would make a good movie. I personally think it makes sense. I recommend this book for anyone to read to even use as witnessing tool to tell non believers what thay may expect. If its not accurate, what does it matter to christians personally. We won't be there.

D

dmdave17

Since Jesus mentioned hell several times during his ministry, almost casually, like everybody knew it was there, I don't think we can dispute its existence. What it is is open for more interpretation. All we seem to know for sure is that there will be "much weeping and gnashing of teeth"

Like the old saying goes, "if you're living like there is no God, you better be right."

God bless.

Dec 19, 2009
what is hell is hell a huge place with no water just fire made to cook people alive that are

unsaved? why couldn't god have just dug a hole n dropped them in there away from the evil demon's

devils n other things evil that he created if he really doesn't wont them to be near him why doesn't he just do that if

he knew that the things there were evil they wonted to harm the people there why didn't he just put

the unsaved people in a hole away from the evil things that wonted to harm them if he cares

about them so

much?

I think hell is the consequences of our sin. For instance, if I rob a bank, I go to prison.