What is it necessary to be saved (Part 2) ?

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

so-jesus-e-deus

Senior Member
Feb 7, 2017
1,605
140
63
What is it necessary to be saved (Part 2) ?


For you have some idea of how it is difficult define the standards of salvation, let’s analize the life of the wealth young:


  • You know the commandments, ‘Do not commit adultery, Do not murder, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honor your father and mother.’” 21 And he said, “All these things I have kept from my youth.” (Luke 18.20,21).

Considering that Jesus didn’t reprove him, everything that he said was truth.


Certainly we would invite him to be part of our ministry. With his wealth many Holy Scriptures could be done, many campaings of evangelism could be implemented, and so on. Besides, it is very difficult nowadays to find someone with so many virtues.


Nonetheless, Jesus saw in him something that it was a handicap in his ministry. And what about Peter? Ponder on its curriculum:

  • He left everything to follow up Jesus for almost four years;
  • He partook of all moments of Jesus’ ministry
  • He abode by what Jesus enjoined him.
  • He was used to expel demons and heal infirms.


So, before all this, do you see some reason to Peter don’t be a genuine and stalwart disciple of Jesus?

So, see what Jesus said to Peter in the eve of His death:

  • “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan has demanded permission to sift you like wheat; but I have prayed for you, that your faith may not fail; and you, *when once you have turned again*, strengthen your brothers.” (Luke 22.31,32).

As you can see, Peter wasn’t converted. Neither the other apostles:

  • “You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I” (John 14.28).

How is it doable that the disciples didn’t love Jesus with so many qualities? Would that nowadays we found disciples with all these requirements...

Not to mention the workers of iniquity:

  • “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7.22,23).
  • “Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us!’ then He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from.’ Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets’; and He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from; depart from Me, all you evildoers.” (Luke 13.25-27).

In virtue of them cried out “Lord, Lord” (twice), we see that they were sincere (even more considering that Jesus didn’t reproved them). So, hereby we can see that to be sincere of heart isn’t sufficient. Think in a sincere doctor that loves his patients and career and, in virtue of being sincerely equivocated, he ends up making a terrible harm to his patient. Even though he apologizes, the harm done can be irretrievable.

Finally, and what about the five fool virgins of Matthew 25? See that no one of them prostituted. They consecrate all their lives to find with the Bridegroom and they knew the day of the coming of Jesus (only they didn’t know the hour). The detail is that Jesus said that nobody would know both day and hour (Matthew 25.13). See their dedication.

So, think over this and try to answer: what was it missing in each person quoted above to be a true Jesus’ disciple? Have a splendid week. Tomorrow we will continue.