What is nature and works?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brighthouse

( james 1:22) Be ye doers of the Word and not hearers only,deceiving yourselfs. From the Lord in me, do I say these things unto you all.You can judge yourself! This is how the Lord taught me about this.( 1 john 2:27) When a lion is born,it is taught, by the nature of its mother and Father, to hunt( WORKS!!) When a baby bird is born,by the nature of its parents it is taught how to fly.( works) The nature my mother and father to raise me,can be much different then yours,and your to another as well.

The nature of my earthy dad,was that a man never cries,to never have fear,but rather give it,and to have no emotion! Hugs?? kissing another to welcome one?? what is that?? Now growing up I lived in an area where children did hug,they did cry both men and women,they did have emotion!

But by the nature of my dad,and the works I had from his nature,I thought all these people were just weak. I did as I believed, from the nature I was taught! After my 2 Tours in Vietnam, and after I came home, I was proud,I was not well received when I came home,but did not care. The nature I was taught by my dad,I looked as it keep me alive through all this.It sustained me!!

When Jesus took over my life,I had to learn a whole new nature!! A man can cry, Jesus did!( john 11:35) I was now told by HIS nature to love!!( 1 john 4:17-19) To never cause another to fear,but to show how one cannot have it in our new nature which is Christ!( 1 John 4:18)

Having works does not save us!! Having works sustains us!! It keeps us going!! A lion who by nature is taught to hunt, and does not have works to sustain it,will die,a Bird who does not learn how to fly, will die!( no works!) We as humans HAVE!! to have works!! For if we do not, we will also die spiritual.

If we say we have the nature OF Jesus,but have no works in ourselves?? What good is the nature we say we have? ( james 2:26) And if we become dead,how then can we become saved?

Jesus Christ is our nature whom can save us!!
His nature is to save!! We cannot be saved by works! BUT!! If we have no works to sustain our life in Christ,then how can the faith we place in our new nature ever save us? If we say we believe in Jesus,then we must have works to take on the nature HE taught us!

That my brothers and sisters in Christ is how I myself look at both our nature,and our needed works to this very nature in Christ!
The Word of God is our sustainer, But we have to get into it,to have his Word sustain us!

We have to do,as his nature in the Word says to. When we become doers we find rest in Christ!!( Isaiah 28:10-13) If we do it not,then we stumble backwards,we become broken, we are snared, yes we are taken captive by the enemy! The Nature of God has purpose,and by this purpose Jesus showed us works from it!( john 15:11-17!!!)

Works has purpose as well!!
And for all of us who say we love our Jesus,must have his works in us to sustain us,until Jesus comes back,to give us the salvation, we ourselves have believed he always would do,we believe,so we DO!! Because the nature of our Jesus is always to love!! ( 1 john 4:19!!) We take on his nature,and we prove this to be true, by doing it! Blessing to you all in Christ! Nature teaches,works carries on the teaching.If we believe in our faith,we do,if we do not believe, then we do not. We will always DO!! What we truly believe. Ours works proves what nature we have been taught! Blessing all!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AnandaHya

2 Thessalonians 3

1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

2And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

4And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

5And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

7For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

8Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

9Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

10For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.

11For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

12Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

13But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.

14And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

15Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

16Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.