What is prosperity really?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
What? Africans hold the view of not being wealthy? That’s not real!
If you read I was saying how Africa s are targeted by prosperity teachers and that's why so many hold that view. Of prosperity teaching.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
If you read I was saying how Africa s are targeted by prosperity teachers and that's why so many hold that view. Of prosperity teaching.
years ago, i heard a Zambian pastor beg the US to stop exporting the "prosperity gospel".

CtheUSA

Feb 20, 2024
Uh. That’s not what I read. I looked at your posts and had to stop, because of the hateful viewpoints you have.

Karlon

Mar 8, 2023
mansions & private jets are not wrong & it's not sin. imagine a Christian earning $25,000,000 a year & that he tithes 15% of his income. he's giving more than 10%, gives additionally & has a mansion, private jet, 5 cars & takes 4 vacations a year. show me how that is sin. IT ISN'T. i believe prosperity is always God minded 1st; following Phillipians 2:13 for example. obedience to Jesus is the 1st form of prosperity. assisting others in need, volunteering, gift giving, etc. for a while i tithed way above 10% for years & i have a very funfilled memorable life. i understand what you are saying. lots of those people around & they certainly aren't fooling God. some of them are devil gripped.
Aussie52, please explain your disagreement.

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
Reading a book by a wealthy preacher, who strongly urges the pursuit of wealth, I could not get far with it. The prosperity preachers are on another planet. I had hoped for good sound advice in the book, about how to save and use money wisely, for security. I think I got that book free when it was on sale some time ago.

I am not rich, I have never had much money but just enough. I never wished for much more than enough. Jesus had nothing materially. So if we want to be like him, how can that include mansions and private jets? Are such preachers not ashamed at all?

I understand prosperity in the Bible to mean richness of soul, of understanding and of love. So why do so many people follow those kinds of preachers and help them get grotesquely wealthy? Another point that worries me is these people constantly say God speaks to them, are they mentally challenged?

Since people on this site don't understand. I'll explain wealth.... no I don't have it, but I understand it. You don't have to be jealous or ridicule every person with money as "going to h***." In fact I would be very careful of that as the Bible says "Jesus was a rich man, yet for our sakes became poor."

Wealth is a spiritual principle and a law. There are manufacturing jobs, communication, management, and creation. That's the order of wealth if you want to move out of your stuck essentially "caste system" put into place to keep the poor, poor.

I'm sure there are very awful preachers with money. There are very poor awful preachers. There are poor preachers who tell the poor if they don't give their money they're going to h***. That is criminal as well.

Christians really need to understand money more. Did you know God called "the gold of the land good." God created gold. Yes it's just a metal, but it's a metal that doesn't corrode. Gold is symbolic for eternity. Of course gold isn't everything! But gold is NOT neutral. Gold is "good."

Thoughts that keep the poor, poor:

1. Gold isn't good or bad, it's neutral. (God says gold is good!)
2. I have enough to be comfortable. That's good enough for me. ( God says "a good man leaves an inheritance to his children. )
3. A penny saved is a penny earned. Terrible financial advice bc of inflation its actually less than a penny when saved. (Be fruitful and multiply is including labor as well as kids.)

God says you will eat the fruit of your labor. Blessings and prosperity will be yours. There are tons of verses about wealth in the Bible and a lot of very wealthy prophets in the Bible. You think Solomon wouldn't have his own jet?

Things to think about when you read the Bible.