What is real Christian Fellowship and how do I get some.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 4, 2009
Basically, I don't know how to get close to get close to people, and I don't even know how to get people to even want to be around.

As you know, I'm ackward and shy around people, don't really have anything in common with most people.

Really, I just need to know how to get some good solid Christian fellowship.

J

Jullianna

Do it in person at your church/youth group/small groups the same way you do it here. The more you are around people, the more comfortable you will become, even if it seems awkward at first. You don't even have to talk much. I don't. When I'm with other people, I listen to them, pray with them... A lot of people really need someone to listen. :)

God bless!

May 4, 2009
Do it in person at your church/youth group/small groups the same way you do it here. The more you are around people, the more comfortable you will become, even if it seems awkward at first. You don't even have to talk much. I don't. When I'm with other people, I listen to them, pray with them... A lot of people really need someone to listen. :)

God bless!
I haven't done it in here since like 2010. Everytime I got close to someone they eventually left. I don't even remember how I was doing it.

I'm the type of person that needs deep conversation, play games with, watch anime, actually have something in common to talk about.

Really my main problem is probably that I tend to distance myself from other people and not really care what they are talking about when it's guy, or a girl with a boyfriend. But when it comes to the girls that I want to know better, I don't really know how to do it because I'm pushing the other guys away. But it really doesn't help that the people I'm around the only thing that we have in common is God.

I just need to find out how to love other don't I. Wouldn't that fix it?

Last edited:
May 4, 2009
And I guess I need find out how to love other people by learning more about God's love for us right?

C

Catlynn

And I guess I need find out how to love other people by learning more about God's love for us right?
That sounds like an awesome plan to me! How can you love someone with God's love if you aren't familiar with it? Seems as though you know what you need. :D

A

adekruif

Basically, I don't know how to get close to get close to people, and I don't even know how to get people to even want to be around.

As you know, I'm ackward and shy around people, don't really have anything in common with most people.

Dot...Let me tell you about my situation and what God has done, because it is directly related to the question of how to get close to people.

I am a very introverted person, much like it sounds you are, and talking to people is not high on my list of comfortable things to do. Last year when I got saved my mom pushed me to go to a meeting of a Christian group on the campus of my school. My first reaction was "there's not a chance in the world I would consider that, I only barely know one of the kids that attends". But she kept telling me I should go, so I finally said I would go once and see what it was like. I did go and it was awkward...very awkward. Honestly the first time I went I thought they were a little weird, not really the type I would want to be around. I stuck it out for a couple weeks because the teaching was good. Now I go every week that I can, and I'm getting to know the kids more and more. I just got back from a five day trip with some of the kids...something I don't really like to do. The point being, you have to step OUT of your comfort box if your going to get anywhere. If I would have never stepped out of my comfort box and went the first time, I wouldn't have gained the friendships and fellowship that I have now. Just step out of your box and you will be amazed at what God will do. :)

May 4, 2009
Dot...Let me tell you about my situation and what God has done, because it is directly related to the question of how to get close to people.

I am a very introverted person, much like it sounds you are, and talking to people is not high on my list of comfortable things to do. Last year when I got saved my mom pushed me to go to a meeting of a Christian group on the campus of my school. My first reaction was "there's not a chance in the world I would consider that, I only barely know one of the kids that attends". But she kept telling me I should go, so I finally said I would go once and see what it was like. I did go and it was awkward...very awkward. Honestly the first time I went I thought they were a little weird, not really the type I would want to be around. I stuck it out for a couple weeks because the teaching was good. Now I go every week that I can, and I'm getting to know the kids more and more. I just got back from a five day trip with some of the kids...something I don't really like to do. The point being, you have to step OUT of your comfort box if your going to get anywhere. If I would have never stepped out of my comfort box and went the first time, I wouldn't have gained the friendships and fellowship that I have now. Just step out of your box and you will be amazed at what God will do. :)
I know, I am going out to youth group church event atleast a couple times a week. But I'm still having a problem getting close to people.

J

Jullianna

Keep at it, dot. I've seen God do such a work in your life this past year. He'll continue. :)

May 4, 2009
Keep at it, dot. I've seen God do such a work in your life this past year. He'll continue. :)
hmm, how have you noticed God working in me?

btw, I did get confermation on needed to spend time getting to know guys too.

T

Timofree

One area that's helped me is speaking life, blessing and God's truth into situations. Our words have power, Proverbs 18:21. I'd recommend quoting God's word about who you are in Christ. Maybe you won't feel like "more than a conqueror" the first time, but keep on!

There's a liberty and power with who we are in Christ that goes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay beyond the boxes people in the world like to put us in :)

A

asd101

Well... i think dothack is that you need to do is get more active and around people too... maybe think of somethings that require teamwork with other people and much less working by yourself,, somewhere where you would have to wrok together and communicate to get things done... ask your pastor or youth pastor if you can join in an event or activity where you would have to serve... asking questions and taking feedback, where you would be working with other people to get a task done... But you have to take the risk... and don't be shy man... a lot of people have their awkwardnesses you just laugh it off and in the process maybe chip off a few sharp edges... Good luck man, and God Bless! You just have to know what you are saying, and have confidence saying it that's all!!... Good luck!!!