What Is 'Relational Unity' Really About?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Relational unity is an idea that has found a firm foothold among ecumenists in the 20th and 21st centuries. The idea, promoted heavily by Catholicism and now accepted by many Evangelicals, goes something like this: Before we can attain theological unity we must first have relational unity; that is, we must join in fellowship as brothers and sisters in Christ, then we can work out our differences.

What's the real agenda here? Does anyone really think theological unity can actually be attained? Is this just an attempt for so-called Christian groups to consolidate power?

P

persistent

The eventuality is described here in >>>>>>Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The ecumenism needs to happen so one world government and one world religion dominate. Recently had conversation with Mennonite preacher near Chicago and he was talking of Mennonite, Catholic and Anglican ecumenism. His present focus was, he stated as racial 'reconciliation'. Seems to me scripture says>>>>>37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark

Everybody sing Kum Ba Yah>>Kum Ba Yah (Kumbaya My Lord) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs - Bing video

Could be referred to also by Jeremiah 8:10 Therefore will I give their wives unto others, and their fields to them that shall inherit them: for every one from the least even unto the greatest is given to covetousness, from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. 11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. 12 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah may be referring to occurrences both in the days of ancient Israel and modern days. Seems that prophetic verses can have dual references.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
The eventuality is described here in >>>>>>Revelation 19:19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

The ecumenism needs to happen so one world government and one world religion dominate. Recently had conversation with Mennonite preacher near Chicago and he was talking of Mennonite, Catholic and Anglican ecumenism. His present focus was, he stated as racial 'reconciliation'. Seems to me scripture says>>>>>37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark

Everybody sing Kum Ba Yah>>Kum Ba Yah (Kumbaya My Lord) | Family Sing Along - Muffin Songs - Bing video

Could be referred to also by Jeremiah 8:10 Therefore will I give their wives unto others, and their fields to them that shall inherit them: for every one from the least even unto the greatest is given to covetousness, from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely. 11 For they have healed the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace. 12 Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush: therefore shall they fall among them that fall: in the time of their visitation they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.

Jeremiah may be referring to occurrences both in the days of ancient Israel and modern days. Seems that prophetic verses can have dual references.
Some good scriptures.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
If the unity is based on getting back to fully believing in Jesus Christ and fully believing the Bible.. then it's Godly.

If things have to be watered down to seek unity with every believer now living.. then that is not what God wants.

Unity in the bible is primarily in each seperate church such as Corinth, Phillipi, Antioch, Ephesus etc..

The unity is sort in each unit, rather than across all believers.

In Ephesians :
(Ephesians 4:1) I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,
(Ephesians 4:2) With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;
(Ephesians 4:3) Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

This is primarily unity for the church at Ephesus. For distribution to other churches as an example. So it's unity in a local church.

(1 Corinthians 12:15) If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
(1 Corinthians 12:16) And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
(1 Corinthians 12:17) If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
(1 Corinthians 12:18) But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
(1 Corinthians 12:19) And if they were all one member, where were the body?
(1 Corinthians 12:20) But now are they many members, yet but one body.

This body is the local body at Corinth by context. Again as an example to distributed to other churches. It is for the local body primarily.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
If the unity is based on getting back to fully believing in Jesus Christ and fully believing the Bible.. then it's Godly.
Amen, I agree. However, a lot of the calls for ecumenism I'm seeing don't seem to be based on Jesus and the Bible. That's what makes me wonder if there's some other agenda going on, political perhaps.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen, I agree. However, a lot of the calls for ecumenism I'm seeing don't seem to be based on Jesus and the Bible. That's what makes me wonder if there's some other agenda going on, political perhaps.
amen there’s the world on one hand and the church on the other

the world is unified in rebellion against God

and church is meant to unify in the one gospel learning from and believing the one teacher are led by the one shepherd who has one flock the church the one body the Holy Ghost the one spirit Jesus the one name ect

If everyone were to believe the gospel and what Jesus our lord taught us to believe unto salvation and receiving the spirit unity in faith is inevitable

airs the one place where all believers could be one faith if we were to listen to what Jesus said in the gospel and believe

abut definately the world is also unifying against him and against the church

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
That agenda having a lot to do with trying to include everyone.

At the expense of objective truth and calling sin.... sin.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021

Amen. It seems like they're going for numbers, not true disciples. Numbers = votes, tithes, power.

L

Locoponydirtman

Relational unity is an idea that has found a firm foothold among ecumenists in the 20th and 21st centuries. The idea, promoted heavily by Catholicism and now accepted by many Evangelicals, goes something like this: Before we can attain theological unity we must first have relational unity; that is, we must join in fellowship as brothers and sisters in Christ, then we can work out our differences.

What's the real agenda here? Does anyone really think theological unity can actually be attained? Is this just an attempt for so-called Christian groups to consolidate power?

Problem number 1 is that they are getting it backward. Getting foundational doctrine correct is key to relational unity.
They goal here is to get every one to gloss over serious doctrinal error and disagreements ; Rather than discuss the disagreements and come to some serious changes. This is not unlike the alphabet soup mafia demanding acceptance, then impossing their will.
Cant we all just get along?
Cant we just change the way we use language?
Cant we just indoctrinate your children in elementary school, amd wash away a that you hold valuable?

Same ole, same ole, tricks by the debauched of every rank and file.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Problem number 1 is that they are getting it backward. Getting foundational doctrine correct is key to relational unity.
They goal here is to get every one to gloss over serious doctrinal error and disagreements ; Rather than discuss the disagreements and come to some serious changes. This is not unlike the alphabet soup mafia demanding acceptance, then impossing their will.
Cant we all just get along?
Cant we just change the way we use language?
Cant we just indoctrinate your children in elementary school, amd wash away a that you hold valuable?

Same ole, same ole, tricks by the debauched of every rank and file.
Amen.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What Is 'Relational Unity' Really About?

Gett'n in touch wit' reality togedda, dudeman! o_O

oyster67

May 24, 2014
Come together under the oyster, my children. :cool:

Seriously, I think it can only be accomplished by the Lord and His Spirit. Men's efforts are vain.

It is exciting to know that our Lord shall bring it to pass in the Millennium:

Isaiah 11:9
“They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”

Zephaniah 3:9
“For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.”

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

relative truth v the eternal and unchanging truth

shifting sands v a solid rock of foundation

“And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:19-20‬ ‭

Men try to include the world because they love the world and mix it into the truth which is opposed

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭2:15-17‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“ I have not come to bring peace on the world but a sword that divides the light from dark “