What is Satan doing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
What can you prove from the Bible that Satan is doing! I noticed alot of post where people think satan is doing something. Feel free to post something about what the Devil does!

Dec 19, 2009
What can you prove from the Bible that Satan is doing! I noticed alot of post where people think satan is doing something. Feel free to post something about what the Devil does!
He is a tempter:

And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread." Matt 4:3 RSV

H

Hearer

the devil tempts God's people
Matthew 4:3
And when the tempter came to him, he said, If thou be the Son of God, command that these stones be made bread.

Satan accuses God's people
JOB CHAPTER1
9Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

10Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land. 11But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

Satan misinterprets God's words to sow confusion and lies bringing death to the human race:
Genesis 2:16-3:1
4And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die

Satan wants to destroy:
REV 12
and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

damombomb

Feb 27, 2011
He is a deciever and we should probably not be acknowlging him.God is our god.

Feb 16, 2011
I Peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

A

Abiding

His best work is getting Christians to work for him. To shoot their own foot off. To consume each other.
To keep them from fellowship. Yes he will send in false teachers and false spirituals. He empowers false
Ministers to come in and have great visibility then takes them down in scandals to embarrass the church.
He will help breed contempt between us from petty things. He will help us overvalue our importance and
gifts or undervalue them. He loves to make us extreme, so we will burn out and become slothful.

I could go on for a few pages. But the antidote is this! If we were told to love our enemies, and be especially
good to the household of faith, and esteem each other higher than ourselves. Than surely we must pray
for the Lord to teach us respect for one another. That DOESNT mean agree with them. Just respect their
right to be wrong. :) And be moderate in all things, and be yourself. Rest in the Lord and let peace rule
your hearts while you wage this warfare we are in. As in no collateral damage Please.

A

AnandaHya

or "friendly" fire...

Dec 19, 2009
Be careful—Satan is very subtle:

Now the serpent was more subtle than any other wild creature that the LORD God had made. Gen 3:1

T

Tobby17

Isn't Satan supposed to be here and there.lol. Looking for whom to kill, steal from and to destroy?...:)

L

Laodicea

Matthew 7:15
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
2 Peter 2:1-3
(1) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
(2) And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
(3) And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not
2 Corinthians 11:14
(14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Satan works within the church as someone good to deceive and to lead people away from God

Dec 19, 2009
Matthew 7:15
(15) Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
2 Peter 2:1-3
(1) But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
(2) And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
(3) And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not
2 Corinthians 11:14
(14) And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

Satan works within the church as someone good to deceive and to lead people away from God
Amen .

G

Gimzani

He is trying to replace the Feasts of YHVH.
Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
The word for "Congregation" is strong's h3259 - "Mow'ed" - YHVH's appointed times.

What are they? Leviticus 23...

A

Abiding

Gimzani, we can expect Christ to fullfill the unfulfilled feasts on those days right?

A

AnandaHya

Jesus is fulfillment of all the foreshadowing and prophecy given in the OT. He is the sacrifice and the High Priest of our Faith. HE is the Bread of LIFE. And every DAY we are taught to pray for our daily bread.

John 6:35
And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.