What is the best church?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
What is the best church?

Many people think that the Creator delights in seeing many believers meeting in one place to praise Him. Nonetheless, since the outset, the Creator designed that the men spread on the Earth and fill it.

And Jesus confirmed this, enjoining the believers to go abroad preaching the gospel to all creature (Mat 28:18-20; Mark 16:15).

When someone tried to get together people in one place in order to glorify the Creator and reach the heaven, the aftermath was the confusion of tongues (Gen 11:4).

You can think: what is the problem with great religion institutions? To exemplify, try to imagine a religion institution of 5.000 members. How many active members are there? About ten (the pastor, the musicians and some helpers). Nevertheless, and if these 5.000 members met in 500 houses in groups of ten? Certainly, all the ten will be active, as it was in Corinth:

• 1Co 14:26 -> “How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.”.

Not to mention that, all of these 10 members would know each other very well and, with the unction of the Holy Spirit, they would have condition of being a perfect and united family, while in mega religion institutions, people go to there and, most of the times, they not even know the person who sit at their side. Although thousands of people can be together, there is no communion and compassion between them.

The idea is that we can be the Holy Spirit’s temple (1Cor 3:16; 6:19; 2Cor 6:16) and people that Jesus brings to us, the stones that will make up Jesus’ Church in us (1Peter 2:5-8).

These people in our life should accompany us along the day (not only two or three times a week tonight). In other words, each man should work in Christ with their wife, children and these believers, as a united family, until they get the maturity in faith (see Eph 4:11-16). When this day arrives, each one of these believers will become Jesus’ Church with their members and Jesus will send newborns in faith in order to get their discipleship.

And each man, with his family and believers working together in perfect harmony (similar to what we can read in Acts 4:32) to supply their needs makes up the true Church of Christ.

So, have a good day being Jesus’ city edified on the mount (Mat 5:14-16).

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
When someone tried to get together people in one place in order to glorify the Creator and reach the heaven, the aftermath was the confusion of tongues (Gen 11:4).
They were not seeking to glorify God, but themselves.

“Come,” they said, “let us build for ourselves a city with a tower that reaches to the heavens, that
we may make a name for ourselves and not be scattered over the face of all the earth.” Genesis 11:4

P

persistent

“Come,” they said, “let us build for ourselves a city with a tower that reaches to the heavens, that
we may make a name for ourselves
and not be scattered over the face of all the earth.” Genesis 11:4
Exactly what I was thinking when I read that line.
I have the feeling the OP is a non-responder.

Luke 12:51 Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
John 7:43 So there was a division among the people because of him.
John 9:16 Therefore said some of the Pharisees, This man is not of God, because he keepeth not the sabbath day. Others said, How can a man that is a sinner do such miracles? And there was a division among them.
John 10:19 ¶ There was a division therefore again among the Jews for these sayings.

Seems to me small groups are the ideal going back to Moses in Exodus 18: 16 When they have a matter, they come unto me; and I judge between one and another, and I do make them know the statutes of God, and his laws. 17 And Moses’ father in law said unto him, The thing that thou doest is not good. 18 Thou wilt surely wear away, both thou, and this people that is with thee: for this thing is too heavy for thee; thou art not able to perform it thyself alone.

The chapter goes on to tell of splitting up this huge assembly into smaller groups.

I have thought about the verses in Genesis 11 and I am inclined to see the language split as most significant at the time period of the historical context and a prophetic aspect in the building of the 'tower'. The language that was confused may have been the language necessary for building anything. That language is mathematics. My reasoning is based on the assumption which is contrary to one of my favorite to read commentators, Alexander MacClaren. MacClaren claims that Adam and Eve spoke in some primal language which was extremely limited.

My opinion is the language necessary to name all the animals as Genesis 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. >>>>>>>>indicates an advanced language. It may be Adam and Eve were privy to and capable of understanding mathematics.

The 3rd chapter of Genesis seems to indicate that God walked with Adam and Eve in the Garden.>>>Genesis 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. It is highly likely that there would have been conversation and at this time man was the wonderful creation God intended. That is as in Genesis 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.