what is the reason for believing what you believe why is it credible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pagie

May 13, 2007
give reasons evidances proofs for why your faith and beliefe in God is more superior or more credible
why do you believe what you believe?

F

fellowlaborer

My reasons for believing have changed over time. First because I was told to, then out of sheer desperation, then because of evidence of changed lives, then because of very significant changes in my own life. As more time goes by I can see in retrospect God's thread running through so much of life. For me common sense says the evidence for belief is what makes it credible. But as William Barclay said "for those who believe no explanation is necessary, for those who don't no explanation is possible".

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
give reasons evidances proofs for why your faith and beliefe in God is more superior or more credible
why do you believe what you believe?
My Faith or belief is no more superior to anyone elses on this site nor any other,Nor in any other church.
Nor is it anymore credible.
However I do believe in God the father Son and Holy Spirit,Because I asked Him to show Himself to me
and He did,in many ways and in many situations.I Asked Him to teach me how to understand His word and I feel He has .Now My understanding maynot be as well developed as others nor as far behind as some others ,But we All get according to our ability,Those who have more understanding are more accountable for that that they know and those who have less are just as equally accountable,God is mercyful and will never put on you what you cant handle.Just as in a job "the more you know the more you are worth"(so to speak) with God its not accounted as worth as we see it, but just as the parable of the tallents .the one with the least tallents was just as accountable as the one with the most,So I try to be more lienient on those who are truely seeking the truth and wanting to learn, but I sometimes fail,and tend to be more challenging to those who claim to know more than everyone else,Kind of like a test to see if I can learn from them.But I know we all wont agree 100% of the time and this is to me a tragedy cuz we wont truely recieve the fullness of the truth till we are all in 1acord as it is written.
Sad but true
However the more we know the more we recieve.And the more we are willing to learn the more we will understand,I sometimes fail at this too,
But as far as Faith goes its summed up in this verse (Joh 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.)
hope this makes sense
Holla!!!!!

P

pinky

I believe what I believe because of the changes that occured in me after becomeing a born again Christian, all the answered prayers, the blessings, the protection, the faith and strength, basically, the results of my life changeing just keeps on amazeing me, the Lord has been so good to me.......

N

next_step

I could speak about the prophecy of the bible and show that the bible historically accurate. I could reason in a philosophical way and my thoughts about god. But with such a reasoning you can't reach a man. It is all a matter of will. Not a matter of intellectual borders. I mean you don't have to throw away your mind and you might need some apologetics sometime. But the reason I can believe is this:

16For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

C

christiancanadian

Wanna know my reason? And it's true. I saw demons. My story is so far-fetched it's hard to tell it..because most people automatically think you're crazy. Let me just say this...the things going on that most of us can't see is so beyond what some of us consider reality...it really defies all logic. What I've learned first hand is that you can't look at these supernatural things with human logic. What is going on behind the scenes defies human logic. If you saw some of the things these things can do it really messes with the mind. Literally too because they tried to possess me. I'm not being spiritually attacked as much anymore...but let me say this...and please listen. The bible is totally 100% true. Jesus is REAL. As a side note also, anyone who believes "aliens" exist...or have wondered because it conflicts with their faith..they don't. There is no such thing as "aliens" from outerspace. Only demons from hell. On the lighter side, seeing all that would be enough for me to sprint to the Bible!

Josh

Banned
May 30, 2008
I wanna say the reason I believe what i believe is coz i have seen bible becoming flesh in this days.
First in Malachi 4:5-6 has become life to me.
Revelation 10:7
St Luke 17:26-30
With more of them scriptures God has changed me from living in a denomanational dogmas to the true understanding of His word of my day.
The biggest reason of my faith is Knowing the word for my day and not what God did or will do but he is doing in these last days as promised in the above scriptures.

Status
Not open for further replies.