What is the surety of those to whom we love?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
What is the surety of those to whom we love?

• “He who is surety for a stranger shall be ruined; and he who hates suretyship is safe.” (Proverbs 11:15).

Many parents, for example, try to rid their children of nemesis. Nonetheless, there are moments that people need to undergo some chastisements:

• “man of great wrath shall suffer punishment; for if you deliver him yet you must do it again.” (Proverbs 19:19).

So much so that David said:

• “Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; *Your rod* and Your staff, they *comfort me*.” (Psalms 23:4).

And, in Proverbs, it is written:

• “He who spares his rod hates his son, but he who loves him chastens him early.” (Pro 13:24).
• “Foolishness is bound in the heart of a child; the rod of correction shall drive it far from him.” (Pro 22:15).
• “You shall beat him with the rod, and shall deliver his soul from hell.” (Pro 23:14).
• “The rod and rebuke give wisdom, but a boy sent off causes shame to his mother.” (Pro 29:15).

Not even Jesus delivers us every time. There are moments that we need to go through some predicaments so that we can get free from the sin, get strength to win the defiance to come and acquire solace so that we can be useful for those who are going through the same situation than us (2Cor 1:3-5; 1Peter 5:8,9).

So, don’t be a surety for anybody, not even for your relatives and intimate friend. After all, if they fail in fulfill the compromise, you will be obliged to forfeit some boon that Jesus granted to you (Prov 22:26,27) and, probably, this will create a resentment.

You can say: but I desire to help my child, or my brother, etc.

The true pledge for the life of those you love is the Holy Spirit:

• “And He has sealed us and having given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.” (2Co 1:22).
• “who is the earnest of our inheritance, to the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.” (Eph 1:14).
• “And He who has worked in us for this same thing is God, who also is giving to us the earnest of the Spirit.” (II Corinthians 5.5)

Understand:

- If the person is doing Jesus’ will, you don’t need to concern about them. Jesus isn’t incongruous. If He raised the person to something, He will provide what the person needs.

If you can help, fine, assist the person with what you “are” and “have”:

• “For if the eagerness is present, it is acceptable according to what one has, and not according to what one does not have.” (2Co 8:12).

But, if you don’t have resources, don’t borrow money, neither bolster the person in a deportment which is reprobated before the Creator (namely, get debts – Romans 13:8). Only pray together with the person until the blessing arrives (and it will because the will of Jesus is good, perfect and delightful).

- Nonetheless, if the person is away from Jesus’ will, why will you help this one? To make easy their walk toward the hell?

So, have a good week don’t consenting with the desire of your children, parents, etc., when they become strange to the Creator, His enemy, as it happened to Peter in this occasion:

• But He turned and said to Peter, Go, Satan! You are an offense to Me, for you do not savor the things that are of God, but those that are of men.” (Mat 16:23).