What is this fund raising thing here?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Splat

Hi all, I am only a new person about 4 days new. Been here less than a week.

Where I click on to the chat rooms, just above that I notice there is a "donate" bar which sometimes I accidentally click on (cause its so close to the chat room drop down boxes).

Does anyone know what that's about and what the donations go towards? I'm afraid the whole thing has gone completely over my head.

Why does the chat server cost so much? I googled some voice chat server on the net and I found some ones with very generous licensing. Ie $0.

Anyone , just hoping you can clear up my confusion.

God Bless
Glenn (Splat)