What is Truth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

7seasrekeyed

I will make this short and sweet the TRUTH is what God's word has to say . Right is right and wrong is wrong It is black or white no gray . No hot or cold , no sitting on the fince . If you want the TRUTH go to God's word and do your home work . It may take some time to find your answers but they are there .

yeah I don't want to hurt your feelings

pay a visit to the BDF and then tell me about what God's word has to say

but first you will have to sift through thousands of posts by hundreds (I dunno...maybe thousands?) of people who all have different ideas of what truths the Bible contains

and sadly, that is the truth

no need to be snippy and sarcastic

you will learn what you can receive in what He has revealed but you will not know all that someone else knows, while supposedly learning from the same source

so is God somehow limited in this apparent inability of believers to be reconciled in truth?

well no

we can only be reconciled in Him. that's what He does

7seasrekeyed

It is really not your job to defend God's word. If there is a God, and He is truly God and ultimately reigning supreme, then truth is subjective to His word. Leave the atheist and unbelievers alone, you have to convince them of nothing. God is not spiritually dealing with everyone and try to Christianize the world. That is Roman Catholic doctrine. :)

it almost sounds like you are saying that truth and God's word are not the same but you could not mean that I guess

how on earth could truth be subjective? ever?

we really need a question mark emoticon...this is about the 3rd time today I would have used one

7seasrekeyed

No, I am all for revivals and camp meetings. Those events are where people come out to hear the word. Ambushing an unbeliever, walking down the sidewalk, is not evangelism. Are you sure it was unbelievers or believers in another religion that sought Paul harm? :cool:

that

is

really

sad

do you know how many people God will send your way if you start praying you want to witness for Him?

or better yet, if you have a regular prayer life that is not all 'me' centered (don't take that personally I have no clue what your prayer life is about) God will do so anyway

no one said a word about ambusing

did you ever read the account of Paul just opening up his mouth and witnessing in a pagan city?

yeah that is in the Bible. New Testament in fact

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
You can lead a human to knowledge but you can't make them think.
Of course happens a lot of times when I speak to atheists. I'll sometimes just set the table for a buffet of subjects to go deeper into but they often want to stand at a distance and look at the food and say someone told me that was gross so I'm not touching it.

Not wanting to truly search for truth is like leading a horse to a trough but you can't make them drink.

If they want starve or dehydrate then ultimately it is their choice.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I understand the idea of what is being said here, but it's not entirely true. People are seeking "truth" and we have that truth. You'd be surprised how many people will listen when you begin to talk with them.If we make an assumption people don't want to hear the Gospel we'd all just sit in our churches and let the world pass by.
It was a joke. If someone isnt ready for the truth then they will revert back to a reassuring lie. Our job is to show and be the Way but if the unbeliever is willing to listen or follow then that is their choice.

Heyjude

Sep 7, 2019
This is the question of the culture. A question we must all be ready to answer when our secular friends and strangers promote some of the illogical arguments that are based out of the idea the that truth is subjective.
I think a good start would be if each person would take their own thoughts to their logical conclusion. Most thoughts evaporate like the froth of the sea and don't end up anywhere, gaining nothing.

Also, to find the truth one has to be a good judge and discerner. A lot listen to the "truth" but are unrighteous judges. They listen to the case for the prosecution and not for the defence. Any court judge that does that is one sided and not a good judge. All information is material we can sort though. Even if a lot of it is "junk" there is always a few bits of gold in a heap of dross.

In fact gold is always found with dross around it first.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
I think a good start would be if each person would take their own thoughts to their logical conclusion. Most thoughts evaporate like the froth of the sea and don't end up anywhere, gaining nothing.

Also, to find the truth one has to be a good judge and discerner. A lot listen to the "truth" but are unrighteous judges. They listen to the case for the prosecution and not for the defence. Any court judge that does that is one sided and not a good judge. All information is material we can sort though. Even if a lot of it is "junk" there is always a few bits of gold in a heap of dross.

In fact gold is always found with dross around it first.
Yes and often times, one must be willing to dig for it.

3angelsmsg

Mar 1, 2018
I will make this short and sweet the TRUTH is what God's word has to say . Right is right and wrong is wrong It is black or white no gray . No hot or cold , no sitting on the fince . If you want the TRUTH go to God's word and do your home work . It may take some time to find your answers but they are there .
There maybe people who does not believe in the bible. How will you explain to them without the bible.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
There maybe people who does not believe in the bible. How will you explain to them without the bible.
Many people are simply unfamiliar with the Bible. So what you would need to do is introduce the Bible to them first. Then show them what is in the Bible.