What is your favorite sport and why?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Mine is basketball because I grew up playing it and watching the lakers.
I'm not a sports person myself - in that I never liked watching sports, however when I was younger prior to becoming disabled I did ice skating, track, gymnastics and dance.

Gymnastics was probably my favorite, dance next (truly a toss up between the two), then track and ice skating.

I was best at dance though, track I was pretty good with also. Ice skating was just fun. At one point in my life (in my 20's) I could do things like one handed handstands etc.

I loved doing that kind of stuff.

Oct 23, 2022
Ice Hockey.

Its just cool. Its on ice. The players have cool uniforms.

I like the fast pace, its a fast game. Lots of scoring chances.

And especially i like the body checks.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Rugby is a sport that I always wanted to play but wasn't around my area when I was in High School and by the time I got to college a back injury from playing football pretty much ended my contact sports career. I have always said Rugby players were the toughest guys around. Football but with no pads. As a side note, I used to have severe joint paint and stopped eating wheat of any sort and probably 90% of my joint issues went away. If I eat processed meat like corned beef etc. my gout will flair up. Sorry to hear about your joint pain.
It's probably the gluten

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Does backgammon qualify as a sport?

I mean I know there are tournaments and stuff, but where is the line between a sport and a board game? Does chess count? Does curling count?
Full contact backgammon would qualify.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
Baseball, and it is the only sport I watch. I used to play baseball at the YMCA when I was little.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Growing up my siblings and I played sports every chance we got. We played on teams and around the neighborhood. In between seasons we took karate classes.
We didn't have computer games back then and my kids still chide me about pong. So we played outside all day.
I remember one day my father got us new gloves and balls and bats but told us not to play in the yard because we might break a window and don't play in the street because of traffic.
We decided those were more guidelines than actual rules and were going to play in the street.
I was just about to throw the first pitch when one brother pulled the bat back to his shoulder. Another brother was catching and didn't set up far enough back and the bat hit him square on the nose and his nose stuck in a flat position.
Like any loving and caring brothers we started laughing. But he took off for the house crying. We were laughing so hard we forgot that if he got inside the house before we caught him we would be in big trouble.
To make a long story short suffice it to say they weren't actually guidelines.

Oct 16, 2020
Austalia
Snooker, which seems to be a game not played as much by people anymore. It requires more skill than pool.

As a rookie you start of with 32 points on the board and over time as you get better, your handicap goes down until it goes into the negative. I was playing against people on -5.

So I played professionally for a season, but I couldn't handle the pressure as a rookie. I was part of a team and won nearly all my games in that tournament, but I was up against people who had been playing for 10 years or more so the pressure was insane, 1 mistake and you could lose the game. So when my team won, I quit while I was ahead.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
Growing up my siblings and I played sports every chance we got. We played on teams and around the neighborhood. In between seasons we took karate classes.
We didn't have computer games back then and my kids still chide me about pong. So we played outside all day.
I remember one day my father got us new gloves and balls and bats but told us not to play in the yard because we might break a window and don't play in the street because of traffic.
We decided those were more guidelines than actual rules and were going to play in the street.
I was just about to throw the first pitch when one brother pulled the bat back to his shoulder. Another brother was catching and didn't set up far enough back and the bat hit him square on the nose and his nose stuck in a flat position.
Like any loving and caring brothers we started laughing. But he took off for the house crying. We were laughing so hard we forgot that if he got inside the house before we caught him we would be in big trouble.
To make a long story short suffice it to say they weren't actually guidelines.

The big neighborhood game in my neighborhood was "kick the can", which was kinda like fuller contact hide and seek (you had to avoid getting tagged by the person who was "it" but you could win the whole game by kicking the can, so whoever was it had to both find people and tag them out as well as defend the can)

It was SO fun with all the kids, usually around 20 or so, but oh so difficult to be called in before the game ended... Hahaha

We were never inside as kids. Our time to come in the house was dinner and dark. We hated having to go in for anything - not even food mattered to us haha 😂

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Snooker, which seems to be a game not played as much by people anymore. It requires more skill than pool.

As a rookie you start of with 32 points on the board and over time as you get better, your handicap goes down until it goes into the negative. I was playing against people on -5.

So I played professionally for a season, but I couldn't handle the pressure as a rookie. I was part of a team and won nearly all my games in that tournament, but I was up against people who had been playing for 10 years or more so the pressure was insane, 1 mistake and you could lose the game. So when my team won, I quit while I was ahead.
People play Snookie all the time. Little girls like to pretend they're on that reality show in Jersey.

Oh wait... Snooker, not Snookie. Sorry, my bad.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The big neighborhood game in my neighborhood was "kick the can", which was kinda like fuller contact hide and seek (you had to avoid getting tagged by the person who was "it" but you could win the whole game by kicking the can, so whoever was it had to both find people and tag them out as well as defend the can)

It was SO fun with all the kids, usually around 20 or so, but oh so difficult to be called in before the game ended... Hahaha

We were never inside as kids. Our time to come in the house was dinner and dark. We hated having to go in for anything - not even food mattered to us haha 😂
We played kick the can and hidenseek and red rover and bum bum bum. Also we played alot of marbles.