What is your maintenance and comfort?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 7, 2017
What is your maintenance and comfort?

• Song 2:5 -> “Feed me with raisin cakes, comfort me with apples, for I am sick with love.”.

Shulamite found this in his bridegroom. Her maintenance was his flagons of love (Song 2:2). In Prov 5:19 it is enjoined to the husband:

• Pro 5:19 -> “Like the loving deer and pleasant doe, let her breasts satisfy you at all times, and be ravished always with her love.”.

Here we can see that the love whereby the husband ought to be attracted perpetually is the love which he pours in his wife and she need to be with alacrity to receive this whenever and wherever.

The solace of the wife should be in resting in the bosom of her husband (Song 2:3) in order to:

a) Refresh her soul, sure that he will sort out all the hot potatoes by Jesus’ power (1Pe 3:4-6);
b) Nurture her soul with the fruit of the Holy Spirit in the life of her husband.

So, have a good day:

- May the husband receive all maintenance and comfort from the Creator and convey them to their wife;
- May the wife receive all love, wisdom and provision that the Creator conferred to her husband and fructify and multiply this (Gen 1:28) so that all the Earth can be filled with the Creator’s glory (Is 11:9; Hab 2:14).

And, if this isn’t happening now, stay sturdy look at Christ (Heb 12:1,2) and this will be a reality at the right time. But don’t give up (Gal 6:9)!