What Jesus said about marriage.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Perhaps I am the last one here to discover this, but I have believed all along that same-sex marriage is a sin. Here is what Jesus said:

[6] But from the beginning of creation, `God made them male and female.'
[7] `For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife,
[8] and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. Mark 10:6-8 RSV

C

Cecillia504

I don't believe in same sex marriage, but I believe that people should be happy on this earth. If a man wants to be with another man, then let him.

We should be worried about helping people, fixing things, and working on our own self growth. Times are growing more "progressive" and you can't stop social beliefs (sadly). We can just help those that want help, and help those that need help and spread the word. :)

A

Ariel82

its not about happiness on this earth but eternal JOY in the Lord and His will.

its about learning to put others needs before our own selfish desires.

Jul 12, 2012
No such thing as same sex marriage. Two people of the same gender cannot become one flesh.
They can call fornication "marriage", but that doesn't make it a real marriage.

It is an abomination against nature and a dismissal of common sense. It is the crafting and the worship of a graven image of Y'Shua, and a graven image of the bride.

Having said that, homosexuals are no more "doomed" than thieves, liars, etc.
And they are no less accepted by us than thieves, liars, etc.
It is one thing to be blind, and another to close the eyes.

C

carey

To say we should just let people be happy is dismissing our christian duty to minister to them, i was a happy drug addict until someone showed me what i was missing, alot of happy people are on the road to hell, should we just let them be, or tell them about the love Jesus has for them?

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Mark 8:36- For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
What will it profit a man if he gains happiness or favor on earth being in a same-sex marriage (an abomination to God) or condoning it and end up in everlasting torment in the lake of fire? Eternal life is far more precious than gaining pleasures on earth; earthly pleasures are transient. Our eternal destiny matters the most.

Christians, with urgency, should pull the lost out of the fire even though they are comfortable in their sins.
Jude 1:23- And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. We shouldn't ignore the implication of sin. The greatest love Christians can show to the lost is sharing the gospel of Christ to them.