What kind of churches have activities for people in their 30s?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 22, 2021
I've found plenty of youth and some young adult and senior groups, but nothing for my age group so far. Where should I be looking?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Usually guys look online... for people to team up with and go shoot other teams online.

Me, I just play Fallout 4, Days Gone, Control... Also make soundtracks for songs I want to sing at church.

Long and short is, you might have to make your own activities. Take up bike riding or learn to play the oboe or something.

Also, howdy and welcome to the forum.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
I've found plenty of youth and some young adult and senior groups, but nothing for my age group so far. Where should I be looking?
This has been discussed many times over the years. It seems the norm is most churches will have programs for married people and nothing for singles.
They're possibly hesitant to start groups by age in that age range to avoid married and single people mixing.
And Christians prides themselves on being family focused, and that tends to leave singles on their own.
If your church doesn't even have a married group I'd say that's unusual.
You're basically on your own to find others. You could try other churches, but as mentioned, chances seem slim for that. Other than looking at online groups, as mentioned in your other thread, there's probably not a lot of options.
Consider many people are online now. And use that as their form of social contact. And new releases in tech will push that even further. So there's simply less people looking to meet up.
Essentially online is the best way to try to meet people, anymore, if your church doesn't have anything available.

Apr 22, 2021
What websites or apps would you recommend for finding groups or meeting people?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What websites or apps would you recommend for finding groups or meeting people?
The usual. Craigslist and Facebook.

Don't know of any others.

Apr 22, 2021
Usually guys look online... for people to team up with and go shoot other teams online.

Me, I just play Fallout 4, Days Gone, Control... Also make soundtracks for songs I want to sing at church.

Long and short is, you might have to make your own activities. Take up bike riding or learn to play the oboe or something.

Also, howdy and welcome to the forum.
How do you find teammates that actually use the microphone/headset?

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
If you want to play games for socializing, you probably want something more like world of Warcraft or final fantasy XIV. Zandar, my friend and a fellow member on this forum, plays both and he says the final fantasy XIV user base is friendly.

Usually guys who plays shooter games are more interested in shooting you than talking to you. But my previous answer is still pretty accurate... A lot of guys sure are playing shooters these days.

I still think Facebook or craigslist is your best bet.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023

If you open an account on Steam and buy a multiplayer game there, you may find teammates to play with for that game - just be specific that you require microphone/headset. Also check out each game you want to play on their own website, they usually have their own Discord to find more teammates to make specific requests for microphone/headset.

🥞