What kind of love does it take for one to go into a relatiinship? READY? :)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

GreenNnice

It takes.....

great love , fellow singles, it takes like shawnteecee says in another thread, understanding of one's TRUE situation, for going into relationship . . And, this means our going into a SERIOUS RELATIONSHIP, but , I also just mean, pursuing ANY type of relationship, of a girl or boy liked.

Great love, green, by whatever do you mean ?

I mean you have to be, first off, READY, and, of course, praying and talking to God TRUMP all human reasoning and practicality , like mine, but , if I be a human here speaking then this is what kind of love we need to show to be READY for a relatuonship.

I am going to do a hypothetical example.

I am not going to mainly talk about reasons why you should not get married, like wanting a big dog like a retriever but you're having a hard time feeding yourself, so don't get it. No, what I am talking about, and, remember, just because you can't afford feeding cost of a big dog, maybe, you can get a less hungary all the time, little dog :) , BUT what I want to emphasize when you are READY to pursue a relationship.

Ok , so, let's get hypothetical, let's say, you have a dog. You have that dog at age 6 and taken care iof it with good love and you NOT for one minute (well, maybe, one minute, like when fido chewed up.your leather western :D KIDDING! NOT even then mad :) ) thought that animal a burden, that you don't care that you NEVER can go on long vacations because of your animal needing care, not minding , and, actally having LOVED, not liked, their company.

Now, IF that is the kind of LOVE you show your animal then pray seriously to God and see if He don't put yoy into a extroverted more so mood so you will get outvtgere and let Him lead you.

Proverbs 16:9 " A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. " :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
Proverbs 16:9 " A man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. " :)
I have heard it said that there is a lot that can be determined by how an owner treats their pets.

I like to recall the story Nathan the Prophet told David.

2 Samuel 12:1-4
Then the Lord sent Nathan to David. And he came to him, and said to him: “There were two men in one city, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had exceedingly many flocks and herds. 3 But the poor man had nothing, except one little ewe lamb which he had bought and nourished; and it grew up together with him and with his children. It ate of his own food and drank from his own cup and lay in his bosom; and it was like a daughter to him. 4 And a traveler came to the rich man, who refused to take from his own flock and from his own herd to prepare one for the wayfaring man who had come to him; but he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him.”

the reason we feel such compassion on the poor man is because we see the innocence of the Lamb. We feel the pain of the man, because we as pet owners have to one degree or another felt love toward our pets as he did in the story.

So for our partner to see that love in our hearts based upon the way we are with our pets is most agreeable.

G

GreenNnice

I have heard it said that there is a lot that can be determined by how an owner treats their pets.

I like to recall the story Nathan the Prophet told David.

2 Samuel 12:1-4
Then the Lord sent Nathan to David. And he came to him, and said to him: “There were two men in one city, one rich and the other poor. 2 The rich man had exceedingly many flocks and herds. 3 But the poor man had nothing, except one little ewe lamb which he had bought and nourished; and it grew up together with him and with his children. It ate of his own food and drank from his own cup and lay in his bosom; and it was like a daughter to him. 4 And a traveler came to the rich man, who refused to take from his own flock and from his own herd to prepare one for the wayfaring man who had come to him; but he took the poor man’s lamb and prepared it for the man who had come to him.”

the reason we feel such compassion on the poor man is because we see the innocence of the Lamb. We feel the pain of the man, because we as pet owners have to one degree or another felt love toward our pets as he did in the story.

So for our partner to see that love in our hearts based upon the way we are with our pets is most agreeable.[/quote]

Excellent further insight, liamsON :)

Our pet is an extension of ourself and IF we show that kind of love to our animals for a number of years and treat them with respect and care and, of course, food, and, don't forget the many snacks :D , then it is going to be, by God, a natural progression to getting into a relationship and, it is probably going to GET serious, as long as BOTH have these same kind of 'pet' raisings, if you will, in their life.

God OK's everything that we do in life , you better believe it, He certainly does use others. Like, IF you want to get married to someone you like, you should HONOR your mom and dad. God doesn't just say this flippantly, He says this commandedly, lol, it is one of the 10 commandments :)

Now, honoring mom and dad in marriage is another thread, and, I thank Jesus, I will now throw it OUT there soon :D

The Lord leads. Proverbs 16:9

God bless you, christ Bros and sis' :)

Stuey

Aug 17, 2009
Comparing a future spouse to a dog... Stops you going on holidays, constantly draining your purse as it requires feeding, constantly wanting attention, takes your freedom and fun away in general...

Love it!!!!

:D

G

GreenNnice

Comparing a future spouse to a dog... Stops you going on holidays, constantly draining your purse as it requires feeding, constantly wanting attention, takes your freedom and fun away in general...

Love it!!!!

:D
I know, true, huh, Stu ?

I guess then, we can call it....

True love or so all can think soap, soupy romantically like one of my favorite movies......

Twu WUV :D

Except, I am just being flippant, myself speaking NOW, I do have a 6 year old girl, in my avatar and I don't miss having missed goinig on vacations much, or, other things and I love snuggling with her and I love getting her greenies (what a great name for a treat, eh :D ) and ALL the other sacrifices. WAIT!! WHAT am I saying here, Lord. I am not ready for a relationship, I am not ready for a relationship, pleeeeease, Lord, take me to Kansas, I will click my heels together as many times as you want . :D

But, yeah, true love, I WUV my girl :)

Last edited by a moderator: