What Matters Most

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hotfudge

I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not.

And what is most important almost always involves the people around us.

Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume;
we should let them know.

Wrote William Shakespear, "They do not love that do not show their love"

Despite the changes which come into our lives, may we fill our days-as much as we can-
with those things which matter most.

May we cherish those we hold dear
and express our love to them
in word and in deed

send that note to the friend you've been neglecting;

give your child a hug;

give your parents a hug;

say 'i love you' more,

always express your thanks...

Never let a problem to be solved
become more important
than a person to be loved.

J

jimmydiggs

A

asamanthinketh

There is a verse in the bible that says that God has set eternity in the hearts of men but no one can understand it.

And sometimes we may lose it, but you can regain it.

So, life is learning. I agree.

L

lil-rush

This reminds me of something my friend wrote on his Myspace profile a while back (when myspace was still big lol): "I find that the best things in life are the things you often take for granted. For instance, I love God. He's absolutely amazing. But He's so easy to take for granted."

Good thoughts, hotfudge. Thanks for sharing so that we might take some time to reassess what is important in our lives. :)

Aug 2, 2009
I believe that among the greatest lessons we are to learn in this short sojourn upon the earth are lessons that help us distinguish between what is important and what is not.

Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume;
we should let them know.

Despite the changes which come into our lives, may we fill our days-as much as we can-

in word and in deed

give your child a hug;

give your parents a hug;

say 'i love you' more,

become more important
I agree with everything you wrote (except for Shakespeare's quote). Its too bad people dont live by this because if they did, they wouldn't take each other for granted which is so often the case in relationships, and I believe it is also the root of many, if not most relationship problems.

J

Jullianna

we should let them know.

in word and in deed

give your child a hug;

give your parents a hug;

say 'i love you' more,

become more important

Thanks for this, hotfudge. I know it's corny, but it's great to read something encouraging and uplifting here. :)