What part are you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
1.CORINTHIANS. 12; 12-26 Analogy of the body,please read as it is tough for me to type it all. Thankyou. Since I joined this site I have seen alot of debate over the word and what it means or what each should be doing. It concrned me too but our Lord Jesus reminded me of this scripture. I thought it might be fun to examine ourselves and decide what part of his body we each think we are. I also hope that it will remind us all how Jesus has a path that he asks each indivigual to follow and how important it is to remember this. So what part of our Lord Jesus's body are you? Godbless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I myself think Im his blood. Mostly because Jesus has called me to be a part of so many different parts through out my life. Also because I am not usually seen. Sometimes Ive been his heart, sometimes his hands, some times his ears, or somtimes the part that we sit on to rest. I think he keeps me unseen because Im so afraid that it will go to my head and pride is the weakness that can make me fumble. The only time I am seen is when his blood is spilled but then it dosnt matter about being seen because it is our Lord Jesus that is seen not me. For the most part I serve all the parts and keep them moving. God bless, pickles

grace

Sep 8, 2006
I love how you stated that. :)

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
sometimes I may be a large intestine.........or colon

B

Baruch

I myself think Im his blood. Mostly because Jesus has called me to be a part of so many different parts through out my life. Also because I am not usually seen. Sometimes Ive been his heart, sometimes his hands, some times his ears, or somtimes the part that we sit on to rest. I think he keeps me unseen because Im so afraid that it will go to my head and pride is the weakness that can make me fumble. The only time I am seen is when his blood is spilled but then it dosnt matter about being seen because it is our Lord Jesus that is seen not me. For the most part I serve all the parts and keep them moving. God bless, pickles
1 Corinthians 12: 12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14For the body is not one member, but many. 15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked. 25That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Which he leads into the love chapter.

But as He does give offices in regards to keeping the faith in Jesus Christ, perhaps your question should be redirected towards in this way: are we abiding in Him or not for as surely as we have been bought with a price and sealed with the promise of the Holy Spirit, are we bearing witness of Jesus Christ and serving Him to His glory or are we serving something else in His name to the glory of that something else?

It takes love to correct and rebuke, but it is apathy when one ignores thye wayward brother or sister just as it would be for a parent to not bring their children up in the way they ought to go.

And as surely as God is Our Father because we have been bought with the price, God Our Father shall chasten every child recieved... even those left behind at the rapture event.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.......... 28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29For our God is a consuming fire.

1 Corinthians 3: 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2 Timothy 2:19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

This verse is to declare the promise of God in Jesus Christ for eternal security in that He will finish it.

Philippians 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

So as those that believe but have been led stray by false prophets or the flesh... know that God shall chasten every child received to His glory.

John 10: 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Don't think that it doesn't matter what one does then, because God is a consuming fire.
So let us exhort one another as brothers and sisters in love as well as in truth so that Our Father in Heaven may recover some from the snare of the devil to be found abiding in Him when the Bridegroom appears to take His Bride Home above.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
1 Corinthians 12: 12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ. 13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. 14For the body is not one member, but many. 15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body? 17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? 18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him. 19And if they were all one member, where were the body? 20But now are they many members, yet but one body. 21And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you. 22Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23And those members of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. 24For our comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked. 25That there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another. 26And whether one member suffer, all the members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members rejoice with it.

27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. 29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles? 30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret? 31But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way.

Which he leads into the love chapter.

But as He does give offices in regards to keeping the faith in Jesus Christ, perhaps your question should be redirected towards in this way: are we abiding in Him or not for as surely as we have been bought with a price and sealed with the promise of the Holy Spirit, are we bearing witness of Jesus Christ and serving Him to His glory or are we serving something else in His name to the glory of that something else?

It takes love to correct and rebuke, but it is apathy when one ignores thye wayward brother or sister just as it would be for a parent to not bring their children up in the way they ought to go.

And as surely as God is Our Father because we have been bought with the price, God Our Father shall chasten every child recieved... even those left behind at the rapture event.

Hebrews 12:1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, 2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. 4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. 5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? 10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. 11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.......... 28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: 29For our God is a consuming fire.

1 Corinthians 3: 13Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire. 16Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? 17If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

2 Timothy 2:19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

This verse is to declare the promise of God in Jesus Christ for eternal security in that He will finish it.

Philippians 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

So as those that believe but have been led stray by false prophets or the flesh... know that God shall chasten every child received to His glory.

John 10: 27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: 28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. 29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Don't think that it doesn't matter what one does then, because God is a consuming fire.
So let us exhort one another as brothers and sisters in love as well as in truth so that Our Father in Heaven may recover some from the snare of the devil to be found abiding in Him when the Bridegroom appears to take His Bride Home above.
Baruch, I love that you copyed the scripture, Im still learning how to do this with the computer. You misunderstood my point, my point is that it all matters the part about when his blood is seen meant that his blood covers all our transgressions. The main point was that we all serve in many ways or in spacific ways and that no part or person as a part of our Lord Jesus should be dicounted or elivated. Also the perpose of this thread was for each of us to see ourselves and how we serve. I hope this clarifies but if not feel free to ask . God bless, pickles

M

missy2shoes

I'm like an appendix.......not real sure of it's purpose but it's there, so has to have a purpose right? lol

C

carpetmanswife

1.CORINTHIANS. 12; 12-26 Analogy of the body,please read as it is tough for me to type it all. Thankyou. Since I joined this site I have seen alot of debate over the word and what it means or what each should be doing. It concrned me too but our Lord Jesus reminded me of this scripture. I thought it might be fun to examine ourselves and decide what part of his body we each think we are. I also hope that it will remind us all how Jesus has a path that he asks each indivigual to follow and how important it is to remember this. So what part of our Lord Jesus's body are you? Godbless, pickles
well seems to me we a bunch of hands and mouths , the hands with that pointing finger stickin out all the time and mouths debating doctrine . instead of doin what He said to do , we r sposed to b His hands and feet . To help whenever, wherever needed, but we too busy cleaning up 'our brethren':rolleyes:sarcasm intended and guilty as charged

NoahsDad

Oct 30, 2006
Ok ,When do I get to graduate to another body part?

A

ashieldoffaith

I am the buttocks... I get rid of the dung... and get "pressed down".... ALOT, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.