What should God's church look like?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
Traditional Protestant church:

My Orthodox Church:

Which one looks more like God's Church?
Matthew 23:29 Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchers of the righteous, 30 And say, if we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

Aug 18, 2011
Matthew 23:29 Woe unto you scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchers of the righteous, 30 And say, if we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.
I don't really get it, those verses could be referring to any and all christians. It can also be referring to any and all evil people. Why would you judge so rashly and quickly the holy Church of Christ? Are you jealous? because it was on the account of envy that the Jews put Jesus to death. History repeats itself every time.

May 21, 2009
mmm how's the air up there?

Linda no one has "attacked" Red. I responded to his post. I did not agree with his assessment, found some of his reasoning and methods to be illogical, unbiblical and unchristian and stated such. that is not an attack.

its a statement.

My disagreement with Red does not mean I do not have faith in Church or do not submit to authority of a God raised Holy Spirit lead pastor or teacher.

I just do not recognize RED as any sort of authority over me and that gets under his skin. I do not bow to his wishes and hold him accountable for his words and actions including the lies and slander he likes to sling around under the pretense of piety.

It looked like a attack to me. No one said you didn't have faith, I don't see where that comes from. Neither one of you need bow to each other. People are watching us. If it looked like a attack to me maybe it looked like a attack to others. Please you two make amends and stop this please. I know you both love God please. We can agree to disagree on some issues.

May 21, 2009
mmm how's the air up there?

Linda no one has "attacked" Red. I responded to his post. I did not agree with his assessment, found some of his reasoning and methods to be illogical, unbiblical and unchristian and stated such. that is not an attack.

its a statement.

My disagreement with Red does not mean I do not have faith in Church or do not submit to authority of a God raised Holy Spirit lead pastor or teacher.

I just do not recognize RED as any sort of authority over me and that gets under his skin. I do not bow to his wishes and hold him accountable for his words and actions including the lies and slander he likes to sling around under the pretense of piety.

I love that picture!

A

Abiding

had no idea cc had that kind of budget for these

May 21, 2009
one of the things I like about the communities I have lived in are the interdenominational events and activities that many churches engage in.

For example locally the women from seven or eight different churches get together and host something called the tour of tables. each table has a hostess that are given a verse of the Bible and they decorate the table according to whatever theme the Bible verse inspires. then they sell tickets for seats and raise money for the local Community in Schools to help the kids have tutors, school supplies, etc. I attended it last year and it was a very wonderful event. the men volunteered and served the food and there was a great guest speaker and it was very encouraging to see a couple hundred Christian women fellowshiping together and discussing the various scriptures.

I also love the interdenominational prayer meetings that are hosted every Saturday to pray for the community and the world and the smaller meetings that pray specifically for the community pastors and churches or the teachers and kids and their education. Remembering always Jesus and His love.

Mark 9

38 Now John answered Him, saying, “Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us.”
39 But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me. 40 For he who is not against us is on our[c] side. 41 For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink in My name, because you belong to Christ, assuredly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward.

42 “But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him if a millstone were hung around his neck, and he were thrown into the sea.

That sounds so nice. Love the picture. Over here a lady left the church for a different church they told her that's why she got cancer. There is a time when the churches are to get together and almost no one goes. Other than that no mingling. They preach we love everyone even if they are wrong but the attitude junk they don't mix.

May 21, 2009
You have my answer, been waiting (2) hours for yours. What would you do?

I thought I could leave or see what there fighting about. Can I ask you something?? In the real world out here I got jumped on cause I told the truth and said a Jezebel spirit came to bible study. Actually the woman is related to the leaders of the church.

She came in and told everyone they know nothing of God and basically jumped down everyone's throats. Cutting everyone off. Wouldn't let anyone else talk. Offended everyone. More importantly she hurt people.

She thinks she knows all and thinks she is more special cause she sees demons. Like a bunch of the rest of us don't.

I'm the same out here as in here. I think her family should have shut her up. They are the never confront anyone love love bunch.

She has tried to kill her self and this is very serious issue. She needs to be delivered. Big time. She was so pride full and arrogant she needed the ----slapped out of her really. But because her family runs the church she thinks she can do what ever.

I fear for her life. I have been used in intersession for her when Satan wanted to kill her baby. I can't say I like her but I love and want the best for her.

I spoke cause this issue of letting people have demons in them is out of hand. They actually told the demons to get out and never confronted any of her sins so she has more.

What do you think? AnandaHya you too?

May 21, 2009
I am glad your not a man, because if we were walking in the woods and I had to take a 'leak' you might tell me that the tree I picked might not be a good place to make it happen. I could pick another tree just to make you happy and you still wouldn't be satisfied and call is bad wisdom. You have it in for me because we are not like minded and you have a grudge against me for some of the things I have said, and it is very obvious. That's unfortunate and that you have this sourness in your heart.

Dear God in heaven!

A

AnandaHya

I spoke cause this issue of letting people have demons in them is out of hand. They actually told the demons to get out and never confronted any of her sins so she has more.

What do you think? AnandaHya you too?
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Alright I'll talk to the nice people Linda and ignore the ones who feel the need to "take a leak" upon everyone around them. Believe it or not I was trying to prevent a fight but I guess the blanket caught on fire instead of putting it out.

As for your question: I do think it is out of hand and many people will not agree with me but sometimes it is better to walk away from demon possessed people then to cast out the demons.

Did Jesus cast the demons out of the Pharisees or did He say:

Matthew 15:14
Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Unless you speak the TRUE Gospel message of REPENTANCE and God's salvation through Christ, seven demons will take the place of the one and the person will be in a worst state then when they started.

I believe a lot of what is called deliverance ministry does this. they do not give God's truth, they are not lead by the HOLY Spirit but do things for greed of money, power, control of others and other worldly corrupt motives.

It makes me sad thinking about it Linda.

However it reminds me the importance of PRAYER and to be LEAD by the HOLY SPIRIT before we act or say or do anything. If you really want to deliver someone out of bondage we should teach and show them how to truly pray to God with a humble and contrite heart willing to do HIS WILL and submit to His Lordship and guidance and give thanks for His grace, mercy, salvation, freedom and protection.

sometimes all we can do is Pray.

... well here is the first song I ever learned as a Christian and it is still one of my favorites. lol its PINK ;) thought you might like it :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8eqHt4ALlc&feature=related[/video]

May 21, 2009
Alright I'll talk to the nice people Linda and ignore the ones who feel the need to "take a leak" upon everyone around them. Believe it or not I was trying to prevent a fight but I guess the blanket caught on fire instead of putting it out.

As for your question: I do think it is out of hand and many people will not agree with me but sometimes it is better to walk away from demon possessed people then to cast out the demons.

Let them alone. They are blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch.”

Unless you speak the TRUE Gospel message of REPENTANCE and God's salvation through Christ, seven demons will take the place of the one and the person will be in a worst state then when they started.

I believe a lot of what is called deliverance ministry does this. they do not give God's truth, they are not lead by the HOLY Spirit but do things for greed of money, power, control of others and other worldly corrupt motives.

However it reminds me the importance of PRAYER and to be LEAD by the HOLY SPIRIT before we act or say or do anything. If you really want to deliver someone out of bondage we should teach and show them how to truly pray to God with a humble and contrite heart willing to do HIS WILL and submit to His Lordship and guidance and give thanks for His grace, mercy, salvation, freedom and protection.

... well here is the first song I ever learned as a Christian and it is still one of my favorites. lol its PINK ;) thought you might like it :)

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8eqHt4ALlc&feature=related[/video]

My Lord the leak thing went over the edge. Never did like the men and leak thing or calling girls chicks. You always trip me out the way you talk. Caught on fire

I agree on not casting out but we can bind. But one shouldn't rush, the person has to want to be better. Plus when Jesus said times it needs prayer and fasting cause lots of stuff going on. May be all kinds of demons and lots of issues, sin to confront.

They never got healed and I'm sure lots of them had sicknesses. They were too busy being jealous of him and trying to condemn him.
Jealousy of gifts is a big issue at this church and I told them so.

Good verse!

Yes more evil demons. REPENTANCE is the biggy.

Self pride. Self glory.

Me too!

Acting with out the Holy Spirit. I told the pastor they were doing this and speaking out of there souls. It opened doors for me and I told um all kinds of things they needed to hear. I'm tired of this high horse stuff. I told um there gifts are no better than the rest of us and God decides not them. I told him if they know so much why is the Holy Spirit coming to us telling us there family needs to be delivered. His daughters need help and this is awful. I guess he got more than he bargained for coming to confront me. I told him I loved his rebuke and will do better but I am not sorry for telling the truth. His love love stuff is hurting people.

I was released from praying for the pastor for a while, when I had to go pray for one worse than him. He was going to be killed and I begged Gods mercy on him and he had a bad wreck and only totaled his car.

Well I thank you for the convo and the pink song. Cool! You made me feel much better.

Dec 19, 2009
I think the church of the Lord should be filled with humble people.