what to do...what to think... *sigh*

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

honeydroplet09

If God allows an ex husband and ex wife to love each other again, and see that we're meant to be, then before we're able to start counciling, he has doubts, does that mean our second chance is over? I'm certain it will work out this time, I have faith in God that it will, however with his doubts, I'm not sure if it's just Satan trying to kill our happiness or if it's really not suppose to happen. Sorry to keep posting stuff about my former marriage/trying to fix the marriage, I just really need guidance and I'm not sure where to go. I've been praying and reading my bible, but now I feel like it's not enough..

S

strawberryfizz

Hi :) i think seeking counselling before you get back together is a good way to start. By the way, do you share the same faith/beliefs?

H

honeydroplet09

yes we do.

S

strawberryfizz

Thats great! Then you can pray together. Seek God's will together. I believe God is pleased that you honor your marriage covenant and work things out this time. Just seek His will as to how to go about it - no need to rush. Then set an appointment with your pastor and have a counselling session. If he hesitates, then give him time. Take time to talk about everything, like what went wrong, what must be done to make things work this time, and to be in agreement to put God first in your relationship. To share with you a little about me, i've been married almost 5yrs now. Ours is not a perfect marriage and the road has been really bumpy. That was until we really decided to have a prayer and worship time everyday, individually and as a couple. I wouldn't say we don't have problems anymore because we still do. But the presence of God and our awareness of it has brought us closer to one another and there is so much peace now...not to mention, our marriage is stronger. So I hope this time, yours will be too :)

O

oracle2world

I think you already know the answer.

Give him some space and see what happens. See if he shares your faith and beliefs.

If it was meant to be, it will be.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011

Yes, counseling sounds great and I'll be praying that you two can work things out :) .

Why do you think he has doubts about just going to counseling? Is the counselor someone you both know and have known for awhile? Maybe there's something about that situation that he is uncomfortable with.

H

honeydroplet09

He probably thinks we're rushing things again, so we're both just backing off about the situation. If he wants to do counseling, and I believe he does, I told him to get it set up for us, that way it's when he's ready. I also have a feeling he's still wanting to see his ex girlfriend... who he was seeing after we split and our divorce was final.. so... I'm just leaving it in God's hands. I'm not going to push him about it or anything. If things work out that's awesome, if they don't then to me, it wasn't a part of God's plan for my life....

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
You have a really good attitude about it :). I know it must be hard to be patient.

Praying for guidance and patience for you and that the Holy Spirit will be working on yours and your husband's behalf :) .