What verse encourages you?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Luke 15:20
New King James Version
20 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
great one

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Luke 15:20
New King James Version
20 “And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him.
Some version of this applies to all of us. Thanks for sharing.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

Sunrise Picture - Lamentations 3.22-24.jpg

The words of our famous hymn do an excellent job of expressing many of the things about this wonderful/wondrous passage that I find so encouraging, so here are two of the stanzas and the refrain from, Great Is Thy Faithfulness.
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine with 10,000 beside.

Great is Thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
The words of our famous hymn do an excellent job of expressing many of the things about this wonderful/wondrous passage that I find so encouraging, so here are two of the stanzas and the refrain from, Great Is Thy Faithfulness.
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father
There is no shadow of turning with Thee
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow
Blessings all mine with 10,000 beside.
Morning by morning new mercies I see
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

Amen. The older I get the greater God's faithfulness seems to me. Thanks for sharing.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
I've started to profess Isa 53, where it tells of how great the sacrifice is that Jesus made and how greatly it covers all our needs and takes our pains, sorrow and diseases.
Along with that I profess Psa 103 that portrays the infinite love and mercy God has for us, so willing to forgive. I say these at least twice a day they are so chocked full of blessings.
Can't leave out Mk 11:23-24, that literally healed through faith, a man of 3 'fatal' diseases, when major surgeons gave him no hope.
Wow, what I've been missing all these years!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
I've started to profess Isa 53, where it tells of how great the sacrifice is that Jesus made and how greatly it covers all our needs and takes our pains, sorrow and diseases.
Along with that I profess Psa 103 that portrays the infinite love and mercy God has for us, so willing to forgive. I say these at least twice a day they are so chocked full of blessings. Wow, what I've been missing all these years!
Great verses. Thanks for responding.

Going_Nowhere

Nov 10, 2019
Maybe fittingly, one of the most encouraging and comforting verses is near the end of the Bible. It's a verse that can tell you one thing:

It's going to be okay. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Maybe fittingly, one of the most encouraging and comforting verses is near the end of the Bible. It's a verse that can tell you one thing:

It's going to be okay. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Amen. We may not know all the twists and turns along the way, but we do know how the story ends.
Thanks for sharing.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
“Into your hands Lord, I commit my spirit.”
I say that in times of trouble, and it’s a wrap because I know God takes my burdens away.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
“Into your hands Lord, I commit my spirit.”
I say that in times of trouble, and it’s a wrap because I know God takes my burdens away.
Amen. Thanks for taking the time to share and using the word wrap at the beginning of the Christmas season you get bonus points.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
“And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.”
‭‭Jeremiah‬ ‭29:13‬ ‭

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
Often on this site, in our attempt to offer help to others, we can inadvertently have the opposite effect. So I thought perhaps we could share a verse that encourages us and tell why, and in the process, encourage others.
An example might be Romans 8:28 because it reminds the Christian that God's sovereignty even turns our mistakes into that which is profitable to us.
What encourages you?
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Amen. An excellent reminder of how God truly views His people. Thanks for sharing.