What was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 22, 2015
True!..Eve also "added" to the word of God by saying.."and you shall not touch it"....this is where satan was able to deceive her..telling her that she wouldn't die....( then she touched it..she didn't die...then she ate after seeing that she didn't die..it's just my theory..lol..but she did "add to the word of God" )

Satan had approached the woman first finding a flaw in what she had been told not to touch...God never said that so he proceeded to go for the kill, to be as God knowing good and evil...the tempting....we cannot know good and evil for we are mortal and do not know the end from the beginning...

Also the Lord guarded the tree of life so that Adam and eve would not live forever in their sin ful state...notice it was after the fall the Lord pushed them our of the garden..������

T

Tintin

Adam and Eve had no idea they were "naked' before they ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. God Himself said to them.."Who told you that you were naked?"..they had no concept before that....there is something here in this...it seems there is a "voice" that spoke to Adam and Eve after they ate of the tree.....something is not right in Denmark...

just sayin'..:rolleyes:
I don't think Adam and Eve didn't know they were naked, it's that there was nothing wrong with it. No associated shame etc. They were in perfect relationship with the one true God and Creator of every good thing. When that perfect relationship was severed, Adam and Eve decided good and evil. But they knew in their hearts that it was still God who decided good and evil. Naturally, the 'voice' that spoke to them would have been the same condemning 'voice' that speaks to us today (our flesh and the Enemy).

Nov 22, 2015
Yes...so true!..I wonder why God said.."who told you that you were naked?"...so I wonder too if that "voice" was also where the conscience first showed up?....maybe the "voice" activates the conscience...lol

I don't know..there is probably a lot more truth here..:)

I don't think Adam and Eve didn't know they were naked, it's that there was nothing wrong with it. No associated shame etc. They were in perfect relationship with the one true God and Creator of every good thing. When that perfect relationship was severed, Adam and Eve decided good and evil. But they knew in their hearts that it was still God who decided good and evil. Naturally, the 'voice' that spoke to them would have been the same condemning 'voice' that speaks to us today (our flesh and the Enemy).

P

pottersclay

Many people today find their selves naked not only before the Lord but before one to another. Shame without excuse is devastating.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Perhaps Adam and Eve began to know good and evil experientially at the Fall but was rather clueless as to how to 'process' it?
(just thinking out loud)

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Yes...so true!..I wonder why God said.."who told you that you were naked?"...so I wonder too if that "voice" was also where the conscience first showed up?....maybe the "voice" activates the conscience...lol

I don't know..there is probably a lot more truth here..:)
at least a 'guilty' conscience showed up.

K

Kaycie

It is the same fruit because it is one thing- knowledge. If you know that not stealing is good, then you have to know that to steal is not good. And if you know about stealing, then you are presented with the choice of doing it or not. And no matter what the sin, all of us have failed to do what is right 100% of the time. And it all begins in the mind, knowing and deciding.

G

Gr8grace

I remember when I first read about this tree in the garden that started this whole mess with humanity. I thought.."What is wrong with knowing good?..I mean..evil everyone knows that...well..maybe not everyone "

We that eat of the "good "... look at people that have the "evil" and say...that is bad...but the reality is that both the good and evil are the same fruit from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil! The "good" is just a different branch of the "evil",...but we are still eating from the same tree...

The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is still around in this earth. There is also a tree of Life!! :D

have a look at this video teaching ...it'll bless you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrNUH3UREOM
In simple terms.............Good and evil are the same thing when we act INDEPENDENTLY from God.

human good is EVIL. If we are acting apart or independent from Gods plan for our lives or His will for our lives............it is EVIL. It looks good by all measures of the human mind and how we judge good and evil. But to God it is evil.

If Gods plan for our lives is to be a Godly carpenter and a Godly spouse and a Godly parent In a relatively small area and we decide that our impact is not "big" enough. And jump out of His plan and Go to Africa, become famous for all the food "we" provided for the poor................It is EVIL because we left Gods plan for our individual life. The world will say we were good and great and make us "saints", but to God we operated in the good part of our sin nature and it is EVIL.

This is why we have this verse in the Bible. It takes constant practice and HIS mind for the believer to discern between good and evil. It is easy to discern that stealing is bad and not stealing is good. murder is bad and not murdering is good. It is tough to discern that feeding the poor is bad when Gods plan for that particular individual was to stay in Texas and witness to an unbeliever on his "Inconsequential" and "mundane" carpenter job.

New American Standard Bible
But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

P

pottersclay

So true gr8grace we tend to see good and evil as a black and white issue but God sees it different.

My ways are not your ways..My thoughts are not your thoughts..Says the Lord.

Nov 22, 2015
I agree!.....this is where the knowledge of the law came into the world from originally. The law of God is good and holy but only God can fulfill it and is able to handle the knowledge of the good and evil that comes with it. Knowing good and evil are on the same tree..just different branches.

Now, this conflicts with my religious mind because I have been taught about "good" so much....there is something about this tree with the same fruit that needs ferreting out..lol

It is the same fruit because it is one thing- knowledge. If you know that not stealing is good, then you have to know that to steal is not good. And if you know about stealing, then you are presented with the choice of doing it or not. And no matter what the sin, all of us have failed to do what is right 100% of the time. And it all begins in the mind, knowing and deciding.

Nov 22, 2015
Well said brother! I agree 100%

One person could go to Africa and work for 50 years to do "good"..it could be us doing it on our own strength and will

Another could be "sent" by the Lord and he/she relies on the life of Christ in them to "do" the works of God..it's His work working through and in us.

Both believers will have their works run through the fire...only what is of Christ will be left...gold silver, precious gems.

It's like the Lord works through and in us....His works...we participate with Him in doing His works...He then rewards us for His works that He does in us..He's amazing! What a deal!!

In simple terms.............Good and evil are the same thing when we act INDEPENDENTLY from God.

human good is EVIL. If we are acting apart or independent from Gods plan for our lives or His will for our lives............it is EVIL. It looks good by all measures of the human mind and how we judge good and evil. But to God it is evil.

If Gods plan for our lives is to be a Godly carpenter and a Godly spouse and a Godly parent In a relatively small area and we decide that our impact is not "big" enough. And jump out of His plan and Go to Africa, become famous for all the food "we" provided for the poor................It is EVIL because we left Gods plan for our individual life. The world will say we were good and great and make us "saints", but to God we operated in the good part of our sin nature and it is EVIL.

This is why we have this verse in the Bible. It takes constant practice and HIS mind for the believer to discern between good and evil. It is easy to discern that stealing is bad and not stealing is good. murder is bad and not murdering is good. It is tough to discern that feeding the poor is bad when Gods plan for that particular individual was to stay in Texas and witness to an unbeliever on his "Inconsequential" and "mundane" carpenter job.

New American Standard Bible
But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

Nov 22, 2015
Solid food is the "word of righteousness"

Hebrews 5:13-14 (NASB)
[SUP]13 [/SUP] For everyone who partakes only of milk is not accustomed to the word of righteousness, for he is an infant.
[SUP]14 [/SUP] But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.
Isaiah 54:14 (NASB)
[SUP]14 [/SUP] "In righteousness you will be established; ....

Christ is our righteousness! Being established in the gift of righteousness helps us to reign in this life! Romans 5:17

It's all good!!

Jul 23, 2015
:® the truth is when
something who would choice
to take any part unto somekind of unknown which only belongs into the categories of divine entities
... . For it was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise ,
AND THE EXCELLENT PART OF IT ALL .... . . .
IT IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE ARE ALL HERE NOW
BEWARE NOT TO REASON OUT ALWAYS
BUT REMEMBER ALWAYS TO
BE TRUE IN EVERY WORDS WE SAY IN GOD'S HELP AND MERCY AND ALSO BE KIND TO UNKINDLY AS WELL AS LEARN TO DEFEND THE GOOD THINGS FIRST
AND
DONT EVER HESITATE TO TAKE TIME IN
SAVING THOSE LOST SOULS EVEN FOR THE LAST TIME AS LONG AS WE CAN HOLD ON UNTO OUR FAITH WHICH CAN ALSO TAKE US LONGER TO TEACH OURSELVES
NOT TO GET EVEN WITH THEIR EVIL WAYS FOR THIS ALSO REMIND US TO
NEVER DOUBT ANYONE WITH THEIR OPINIONS UNLESS CONSCIENCE DICTATES IT FOR US TO DO IT EVEN IF IT TAKES US INTO OUR LIMITATION AS HUMANS
ACCORDINGLY FROM EVERYTHING THAT GOD GAVES US
AND ABOVE ALL ELSE FROM
WHICH (WHAT) IT IS WRITTEN ... .

``The fruit of tree of knowledge of good and evil``
is a blessing to those who waits for the good of mankind
but it is also made as
-taranta(d0): A CURSE BEYOND ANYTHING WE KNEW
shall be put unto those creatures and anything
who would dare to contest the words of god .......

: : it is something which cannot be undone
whether by freewill or by ignorance
† : for when it comes to what they called "malice"
anything is possible unto the corruption of
heart and soul
:read:
Judges 20:5
And the men of Gibeah rose against me, and beset the house round about upon me by night, and thought to have slain me: and my concubine have they forced, that she is dead.
6 And I took my concubine, and cut her in pieces, and sent her throughout all the country of the inheritance of Israel: for they have committed lewdness and folly in Israel.

:blush: imagine the time you are ashamed
with your wife when she was naked
while chatting with her friends . . ..
:dontknow: IF THERE IS ANYTHING
THAT COULD MAKE ANYONE
TO REALIZE THIS THING

:happy: As everyone knows this
that those little children bears
no malice within their heart and soul
* JUST LIKE ADAM AND EVE
DURING THE TIME OF THEIR OF INNOCENSE
IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN
Genesis 2:25
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed

:whistle: even though adam and eve has their
own understanding and own knowledged
from their surroundings
:takbo: and they are even familiar to the word
death itself literally
during their time on the garden of eden
Genesis 2:23
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
~:› OBSERVED HOW ADAM SAID THIS THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPTURES

:glasses: look unto every angle
from one side to another :drill:
:sisid: where the deepest untold tales
can be found
Genesis 3:2
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, All of you shall not eat of it, neither shall all of you touch it, lest all of you die.
~:» AND KNOW THIS ,
THAT IF THE WOMAN HAD KNOWN WHAT IS
DEATH AT THAT TIME
MEANING WITH HER UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE
SHE HAS ALSO WITNESS DEATH LITERALLY
BUT SHE HAS SOMETHING IN HER
THAT MADE ADAM EAT THE FRUIT THAT IS FORBIDDEN

:hmm: Could the serpent
somehow managed to learned those things :wow:
that was never told
to adam nor unto eve :think:
:scarf: for if we could noticed this things
which are written in this verses
Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, All of you shall not surely die:
5 For God does know that in the day all of you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and all of you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

:hrmm: PERHAPS THE FRUIT DOESN'T ONLY MAKES SOMEONE REALIZED WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS EVIL
BUT IT CAN ALSO GIVES ENLIGHTMENT TO
WHOEVER EATS IT
:star: as it is seems familiar
although unlike this situation
it is a man made curse comes with an oath
1 Samuel 14:24
And the men of Israel were distressed that day: for Saul had adjured the people, saying, Cursed be the man that eats any food until evening, that I may be avenged on mine enemies. So none of the people tasted any food.
25 And all they of the land came to a wood; and there was honey upon the ground.
26 And when the people were come into the wood, behold, the honey dropped; but no man put his hand to his mouth: for the people feared the oath.
27 But Jonathan heard not when his father charged the people with the oath: wherefore he put forth the end of the rod that was in his hand, and dipped it in an honeycomb, and put his hand to his mouth; and his eyes were enlightened.

`∞` WHY ADAM IS NOT BEEN DECIEVED
BY THE SERPENT
1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

AND
WHY IT IS EVE SAID TO BE
THE ONE WHO DECEIVED BY IT :laway:
Genesis 3:13
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that you have done? And the woman said, The serpent misled me, and I did eat.

:chair: WHERE AFTER SHE IS DECIEVED BY THE SERPENT SHE ALSO DECIEVED HER HUSBAND
Genesis 3:12
And the man said, The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

:count: such scenes as this is where everybody
could watch those numbers coming up one by one
and becomes two times the excitement :thumbsup:
:rofl: Somes where very aeger to show how exactly
Three can be more fun :naughty:

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, has God said, All of you shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
→IS THERE ANYBODY HERE WHO WANTS TO
TELL US THAT THE SERPENT IN THIS VERSE IS SAME
AS THOSE SERPENTS WHICH ARE
STILL EXISTING UP TO THIS PRESENT TIME OF OURS FOR IT IS LITERALLY MADE BY THE LORD GOD
. . . . . . .What is this that you have done?
says the LORD God
→And "the serpent misled eve
and she did eat"
but the woman being deceived was in the transgression
BUT LATER BEFORE THAT . . . . .
→"eve gave adam of the tree
and he did eat"
ALSO THE THING WHICH IS FORBIDDEN
the fruit of tree of knowledge of good and evil
:bulong: for it is where
oppotunities comes for those
evil things to used an instrument
like the serpent in this verse
to decieved everyone in the side of
the god of truth and love . . . . . . .

:ty:

God bless us all always

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Also...I just noticed.
trust if numbered by the letters in order according to the English language is...
Both beginning and ending numbers in the first and last numbers are quite different.
2 can be divided...which is first, 0 cannot be divided which is last.
In the last number...the 2 is first again...and the 0 last again.
In regards to the first and last letters of trust, the first is last and the last is first.

I have not thought about the parable in the other numbers yet concerning trust...but they are all 2 digit letters.

doubt

Anyone wanna try to interpret those numbers? I will ponder it.
John 20:24 But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came.
John 20:25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
John 20:26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, andyet have believed.

Doubt as applied to Thomas.

D…O…U….B…..T

04…15…21…02…20 Using the premise of TRUST, that TRUST starts with integer 0 (zero) and end with integer 0 (zero) so that the just shall live by faith. If you trust Him, believing is living. You started trusting God, die trusting with God.

Now, DOUBT begins with the integer 0 (zero) and ends with the integer 0(zero). Noted is that the “ T” is placed last in DOUBT is equivalent to the “T” in TRUST hence, the first one to DOUBT WILL BE THE LAST ONE TO TRUST. This seems applied to Thomas!

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
:® the truth is when
something who would choice
to take any part unto somekind of unknown which only belongs into the categories of divine entities
... . For it was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise ,
AND THE EXCELLENT PART OF IT ALL .... . . .
IT IS THE MAIN REASON WHY WE ARE ALL HERE NOW
BEWARE NOT TO REASON OUT ALWAYS
BUT REMEMBER ALWAYS TO
BE TRUE IN EVERY WORDS WE SAY IN GOD'S HELP AND MERCY AND ALSO BE KIND TO UNKINDLY AS WELL AS LEARN TO DEFEND THE GOOD THINGS FIRST
AND
DONT EVER HESITATE TO TAKE TIME IN
SAVING THOSE LOST SOULS EVEN FOR THE LAST TIME AS LONG AS WE CAN HOLD ON UNTO OUR FAITH WHICH CAN ALSO TAKE US LONGER TO TEACH OURSELVES
NOT TO GET EVEN WITH THEIR EVIL WAYS FOR THIS ALSO REMIND US TO
NEVER DOUBT ANYONE WITH THEIR OPINIONS UNLESS CONSCIENCE DICTATES IT FOR US TO DO IT EVEN IF IT TAKES US INTO OUR LIMITATION AS HUMANS
ACCORDINGLY FROM EVERYTHING THAT GOD GAVES US
AND ABOVE ALL ELSE FROM
WHICH (WHAT) IT IS WRITTEN ... .

``The fruit of tree of knowledge of good and evil``
is a blessing to those who waits for the good of mankind
but it is also made as
-taranta(d0): A CURSE BEYOND ANYTHING WE KNEW
shall be put unto those creatures and anything
who would dare to contest the words of god .......

: : it is something which cannot be undone
whether by freewill or by ignorance
† : for when it comes to what they called "malice"
anything is possible unto the corruption of
heart and soul
Judges 20:5
And the men of Gibeah rose against me, and beset the house round about upon me by night, and thought to have slain me: and my concubine have they forced, that she is dead.
6 And I took my concubine, and cut her in pieces, and sent her throughout all the country of the inheritance of Israel: for they have committed lewdness and folly in Israel.

:blush: imagine the time you are ashamed
with your wife when she was naked
while chatting with her friends . . ..
:dontknow: IF THERE IS ANYTHING
THAT COULD MAKE ANYONE
TO REALIZE THIS THING

:happy: As everyone knows this
that those little children bears
no malice within their heart and soul
* JUST LIKE ADAM AND EVE
DURING THE TIME OF THEIR OF INNOCENSE
IN THE GARDEN OF EDEN
Genesis 2:25
And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed

:whistle: even though adam and eve has their
own understanding and own knowledged
from their surroundings
:takbo: and they are even familiar to the word
death itself literally
during their time on the garden of eden
Genesis 2:23
And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
~:› OBSERVED HOW ADAM SAID THIS THINGS WHICH ARE WRITTEN IN THE SCRIPTURES

:glasses: look unto every angle
from one side to another :drill:
:sisid: where the deepest untold tales
can be found
Genesis 3:2
And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God has said, All of you shall not eat of it, neither shall all of you touch it, lest all of you die.
~:» AND KNOW THIS ,
THAT IF THE WOMAN HAD KNOWN WHAT IS
DEATH AT THAT TIME
MEANING WITH HER UNDERSTANDING AND KNOWLEDGE
SHE HAS ALSO WITNESS DEATH LITERALLY
BUT SHE HAS SOMETHING IN HER
THAT MADE ADAM EAT THE FRUIT THAT IS FORBIDDEN

:hmm: Could the serpent
somehow managed to learned those things :wow:
that was never told
to adam nor unto eve :think:
:scarf: for if we could noticed this things
which are written in this verses
Genesis 3:4
And the serpent said unto the woman, All of you shall not surely die:
5 For God does know that in the day all of you eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and all of you shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

:hrmm: PERHAPS THE FRUIT DOESN'T ONLY MAKES SOMEONE REALIZED WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS EVIL
BUT IT CAN ALSO GIVES ENLIGHTMENT TO
WHOEVER EATS IT
:star: as it is seems familiar
although unlike this situation
it is a man made curse comes with an oath
1 Samuel 14:24
And the men of Israel were distressed that day: for Saul had adjured the people, saying, Cursed be the man that eats any food until evening, that I may be avenged on mine enemies. So none of the people tasted any food.
25 And all they of the land came to a wood; and there was honey upon the ground.
26 And when the people were come into the wood, behold, the honey dropped; but no man put his hand to his mouth: for the people feared the oath.
27 But Jonathan heard not when his father charged the people with the oath: wherefore he put forth the end of the rod that was in his hand, and dipped it in an honeycomb, and put his hand to his mouth; and his eyes were enlightened.

`∞` WHY ADAM IS NOT BEEN DECIEVED
BY THE SERPENT
1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

AND
WHY IT IS EVE SAID TO BE
THE ONE WHO DECEIVED BY IT :laway:
Genesis 3:13
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that you have done? And the woman said, The serpent misled me, and I did eat.

:chair: WHERE AFTER SHE IS DECIEVED BY THE SERPENT SHE ALSO DECIEVED HER HUSBAND
Genesis 3:12
And the man said, The woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

:count: such scenes as this is where everybody
could watch those numbers coming up one by one
and becomes two times the excitement :thumbsup:
:rofl: Somes where very aeger to show how exactly
Three can be more fun :naughty:

Genesis 3:1
Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, has God said, All of you shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
→IS THERE ANYBODY HERE WHO WANTS TO
TELL US THAT THE SERPENT IN THIS VERSE IS SAME
AS THOSE SERPENTS WHICH ARE
STILL EXISTING UP TO THIS PRESENT TIME OF OURS FOR IT IS LITERALLY MADE BY THE LORD GOD
. . . . . . .What is this that you have done?
says the LORD God
→And "the serpent misled eve
and she did eat"
but the woman being deceived was in the transgression
BUT LATER BEFORE THAT . . . . .
→"eve gave adam of the tree
and he did eat"
ALSO THE THING WHICH IS FORBIDDEN
the fruit of tree of knowledge of good and evil
:bulong: for it is where
oppotunities comes for those
evil things to used an instrument
like the serpent in this verse
to decieved everyone in the side of
the god of truth and love . . . . . . .

:ty:

God bless us all always
yea, you talk about the fruit that is not a literal fruit but a result...