What we eat does effect our health

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
R

RaneyMarie

Here is a list of some resources I have found to be very helpful in my journey to Natural Health:

Books:

"The Blood Sugar Solution" by, Dr. Mark Hyman

"The Calcium Lie" by, Dr. Robert Thompson

"Overcoming Thyroid Disorder" by, Dr. Brownstein (Holistic Medicine)

"The Thyroid Solution" and "The Thyroid Diet" by, Mary J Shomon

"The G-Free Diet: A Gluten Free Survival Guide" by, Elizabeth Hasselbeck

Documentaries:

"Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" a Joe Cross film

"The Beautiful Truth" a Kroschel film

Websites:

www.natural-cure-remedy.com

www.drfuhrman.com

Amen Clinics | Brain Imaging, Therapy, and Treatments

www.benefits-of-honey.com

http://www.lifetimefatloss.com

The common denominator is that what we eat really does effect our health, the simplicity is to have an all natural "organic" diet, with proper supplements, and exercise. The idea of this is simple but not so in the world we live in with processed foods, GMO, and the bombardment of chemicals we are exposed to on a daily basis. So what can we do about it, change how we think and minimize and eliminate the unnecessary out of our lives, remember temperance in all things.

"And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;" 2 Peter 1:6

" I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:1-2

Thank you for taking the time to read. Take Care and God Bless! :)

R

RaneyMarie

Oh I almost forgot to add about the Apple Cider Vinegar, some pretty amazing stuff!

here is a link to a good site that can tell you all about it:

Apple Cider Vinegar Benefits...The many Uses and Amazing Health Benefits of ACV.

Please feel free to add to the list if you have any suggestions on books, articles, websites, documentaries, etc...

If I come across anything else that I find helpful I will go ahead and post a link. :)

I watched another documentary on the Gerson Therapy titled: "The Gerson Miracle" by Steve Kroschel which can be found on youtube.

The Gerson Miracle - YouTube

The more I am learning about this therapy the more it makes sense to me, it really is all about our diet that has a lot to do with our health. =)

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Wheat Grass!!!!!!! is the best!

N

nazia

Very Nice Info thanks for sharing

H

Hidframe

The Gerson documentary is amazing indeed. I first started researching the Gerson therapy 5 years ago and was stunned when i heard about terminal cancer patients being treated after doctors gave them only weeks to live. I knew that if this treatment was able to treat such an aggressive disease as cancer, it can treat almost anything.
Shortly after, both me and my wife stopped eating meat. I have to admit that part of our decision to stop eating meat, also came after watching some footage of the bloody horrors that take place in slaughter houses...

5 years later and we're healthier then we ever been in our lives.

"The more I am learning about this therapy the more it makes sense to me, it really is all about our diet that has a lot to do with our health. =)"

You will be amazed how many incredible discoveries you will make as you research these therapies.

Here's a documentary i recently watched, regarding numerous successful cancer treatments, and how much hostility they received from national health systems. Cancer the Forbidden Cures - Full Documentary.mp4 - YouTube

Oct 31, 2011
There were amazing men who escaped Hitler, like Gerson. I think the next step in discovering how to work with how God to given our bodies the correct fuel is the work done on the Leptin Hormone. They say this works with insulin as the regulator for everything else. I have gone through pages of information on it and I'm still a bit bewildered, though.

Being I'm a bit simple minded, I still like my diet of "if God made it and men didn't do anything to change it, it is good to eat".
Problem is, men tampered with ALL our food. They change the diet of the animals that supply our meat and eggs. When milk had TB in it, they got rid of milk and gave us what tastes the same but is all changed. The manufacturing, refining, filtering, changing of our oils is just unbelievable. They charge outrageous prices for plain food.

Another area to explore is probiotics. It is about fertilization of foods to preserve them, and God must have planned our bodies to thrive on this. Yogurt and sauerkraut are prime examples. Again, problem is to get the food plain. By processing them with heat all the benefits are killed, so a can of sauerkraut is dead food.

G

Grey

inconceivable!

-jk

O

overcomer2

Yes, I believe this. We live on farm. I feel so blessed that I eat fresh eggs, deer meat, beef from my cows, strawberries from my patch, fruit from my trees, veggies from my garden. You could almost call me rich. :) (so many would like just like to be able to have pure simple food these days.)

C

Cairparavel

even the SOIL is depleted of essential minerals and micro-nutrients of much of the produce we that get today...because they keep using the same soil over and over and not leave it fallow like they used to in the old days...crop rotation, etc. So even if you try to eat healthy veggies, you don't get the very same good stuff our great-grandparents used to get!