What will the tribulation be like for us Christians?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
C

Crossfire

I do believe that God will provide for His people during this time through a variety of different means. I also believe that as economies crumble, leaving many with no other alternative but to turn to God for their every need, the authentic church during the tribulation will look and act much like it's first century predecessor.

One of the hardest parts will be the great number of professed believers who fall into apostasy. I feel that they will become the biggest enemy of the authentic church during this time just as the religious rulers of the day were in opposition to Christ. This is when you will see fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, brothers and sisters, all turning against one another, counterfeit believers turning over the authentic Christians to spare their own lives and / or the lives of their loved ones.

I personally believe, with all my heart, what will separate the authentic Christian from the counterfeit during this perilous time is that the authentic Christian will have 'died' to him or herself for the cause of Christ long before their physical lives were ever threatened. While the counterfeit will seek to save their own lives and the lives of their loved one because they are still holding on to the temporal things of this life.

Maybe now some will understand why I bring up the selfishness of man and the selflessness of Christ as much as I do.

Last edited:

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
I'm not sure what bible you're quoting from. I'm guessing the King James? The King James wording is a bit off.

The Greek bible, as well as the NKJV use the word "Trial" and not "Temptation". "Trial" is, however, what God refers to in this scripture.

Temptation is different to trial.

God set Adam and Eve a Trial but they gave in to Temptation and failed the trial.

Using the words "I will keep thee from the hour of temptation" implies that we will be here and God will help us to not be tempted, when in fact God is actually saying we will be "kept from the hour of trial" as the trial will be for those who dwell on the earth (Christians dwell with God, whereas the non believers dwell in the world).

It's amazing how one word can change the meaning of a scripture completely.
Hi KF

How old and accurate is the KJV?

L

Laodicea

Hi KF

How old and accurate is the KJV?
Jeremiah 6:16
(16) Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.

cronjecj

Banned [Reason: ongoing "extreme error/heresy" Den
Sep 25, 2011
Temptation and trial are different.

Temptation is the word God used but new age translators perverted it.

Revelation 3:10 (KJV)
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

i come in agreement with Laodicea.

Last edited:
B

babyboyblue

I think for Christians, the tribulation will be pretty bad; Jesus said:

Matthew 24:8

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Revelation 6:9-11

King James Version (KJV)

9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I believe history will repeat itself, where during the dark ages, Christians were hunted and slaughtered (by the church I might add). I believe this will happen again.

Last edited:
C

Crossfire

I think for Christians, the tribulation will be pretty bad; Jesus said:

Matthew 24:8

Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Revelation 6:9-11

King James Version (KJV)

9And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
10And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
11And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

I believe history will repeat itself, where during the dark ages, Christians were hunted and slaughtered (by the church I might add). I believe this will happen again.
Absolutely.